Sign in to follow this  
ntaylor90

E36 318Ti M50 engine.

Hi all,

I was just wanting to get an idea of how much this would go for. Please let me know if this is the wrong area to post in.

I have a 1997 318Ti, and last year I purchased a 325is, put new gaskets and piston rings in her, and transplanted it into the Ti along with the 325 manual trans. I ran it in properly, running the recommended oil, and from day 1 I haven't had any problems with the engine, bar a squeaky fan belt which I will replace before sale.

It currently doesn't have a warrant, or a cert for the engine, and while I'm not familiar with the certification guidelines, I don't suspect it will need too much for a warrant. Things that will need to be done are 2 new rear tyres, the reverse lights have been disconnected (faulty reverse switch in manual box, don't need them for warrant though).

It has black leather interior, an M-spec airbag steering wheel, and 17" wheels. The exterior is relatively tidy, it has some scratches on the rear bumper where someone bumped into me, and a dent in the passenger door and front bumper. I can put some pictures up if people are interested.

Definitely far from perfect, but I think I did a pretty good job at it. I was just wanting a rough estimate. I'm not needing to sell, my passion has just gone from the little beast and want to move onto something bigger and better :)

Here is the build thread: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/46528-m50-swap-into-318ti-future-turbo-project/

really depends on condition of teh car and spec etc

for cert will need enginers report , 2 driveshaft hoops fitted .

post up some proper pics

Yeah, thanks for that Brent :)

I'll get some pictures up in the next few days.

Nice and tidy inside, a few bumps and bruises on the outside but far from horrible :)

Cheers