Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Evolve tune an E39 M5

Regardless of his starting point the final result is around 447hp at the crank. That's a decent gain over stock too, 51bhp...

Martin (BreakMyWindow) is about to get a tune for them... I think he'll be very happy with an extra 50!!

EDIT: Martin has pointed out to me that the chart actually shows flywheel power not rear wheel power (I've put my glasses on now). So this isn't that great at all... Their tune has made an underpowered car almost back to normal.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

I'll reserve judgment until I know someone whom's has the tune. I've asked martin to post about his experience for the board.

I guess we'll know post dyno day... Though Martin's car was a bit under powered last time round which he has rectified without tuning, so any gains won't be exclusively thanks to the tune. Interesting...

That won't be 388BHP at the wheels, it will be a calculated result for power at the crank. Evolve seem to measure power this way on their dynos.