Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Trailer Lighting

Any WOF inspectors on here ? - Glenn ??

I have bought an old Tandem Axle Salvage Trailer for use with my race Car. It has never had lighting fitted, so I need to do that to get it up to WOF standard.

The deck tilts for loading, so the only 'easy' place to put the lights on, are the mudguards.

I have spent some time on the LTSA website and other forums etc trying to get a straight answer as to if that is legal / WOF fail ?

Can anybody verify / point me to diagrams / legislation regarding this.

If I need to have the lights at the end of the trailer, I'll have to weld on some plates or something to hold them.

Thanks

Dont have lighting regs on me. Both lights must be reasonably visible from behind. License plate must be illuminated and trailers over a certain width must have forward facing clearance lights

They need to be at the back, i have modified several trailers that failed wof because the lights were on the mudguards.

And, to my knowledge same measurement still applies, over 2m wide needs clearance lights facing forwards