Sign in to follow this  
qube

e90 323i vs 325i and other info plz

Hi all. I went to look at some e90 323i today for a friend.

Didnt realised but google search tells me that the 323 is a detuned version of the 325 which has the same engine? Confirm plz?

Also one car had paddle shifts and another didnt.

We r lookimg for only msport ones

Budget around 14-20k

And advice? Is i drive essential or can do without it?

Do the jap import ones with idrive need to be reprogrammed and is it easy to do so?

Any other advice would be great.

Not looking at any other models. No 320 no 330 no 335

Only the 2.5L varients thanks

Kyu

You might be lucky to get a E90 Motorsport 323-325i for 14k Where possible I'd stick to NZ New, the iDrive is virtually pointless on an import especially if it has navigation. Have you considered a low mileage E46 330i facelift for around the same $$$ ? IMO they're a better put together car and they've aged well & yes I have owned both E46 and E90. Even though both my current E46 and E65 cars are both pre f/l the facelift ones just seem to age a lot better..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-742730342.htm for example, NZ New with good kms..

this colour is epic on this one.. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-743915158.htm

or if your dog wants to come too.. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-733655083.htm

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Having owned multiple e46s i whole heartedly agree with you.

However i cant justify spending 15k on an e46 anymore.

Anyways the car isnt for me and my friend is set on a e90 so yea.. ive tried to convince him otherwise to go for a nice e46 but doesnt seem likely..

I had a nosey on wiki and other forums.

Seems the e30 323 325 330 is a big mess in terms on what engine and whether its detuned or not.

What a headache..

M54b30 all the way

With the I-drive on imports - the UK version from my understanding just needs to be re-programmed or have the NZ map CD (CCC or CIC)

Jap imports I heard - you have to change the hardware to get the NZ maps working -

I saw an NZ new 330 E90 for sale for under $16k on turdme today.... Only 90 odd kms too.

If you're restricted by cash, personally I'd rather a kiwi new non motorsport car with FSH over having a motorsport imported version.

Thanks for the help. Search is over he will pick up the car today.

Funny thing i found was that later model 325 has a 3.0L engine but detuned!

How strange

No link as he went to look at another car at the yard and this one had just come in.

Will post pics etc when i get a good chance to see it

• Like 1