Sign in to follow this  
qube

Turners: 1997 E34 540iASE

It hardly ever reaches the estimated price. Id be thinking around 3k max given the mileage.

The white one looks nice especially with the sport kit but not a fan of the blue interior

It hardly ever reaches the estimated price. Id be thinking around 3k max given the mileage.

The white one looks nice especially with the sport kit but not a fan of the blue interior

So much car for 3k. Crazy really....

The turners estimate is often an indication of where the reserve is, so it'll probably be on there for a while.

Yes blue leather a bit ew.

105K on the white one? You'd think there would be a lot of life left in it. It's barely broken in yet. I dunno about $7K though, for that sort of money I'd be looking at the e39 540i's.

I don't mind the blue leather, a bit dated but I kinda like that funky 90's executive cheese styling. I'm seriously considering dyeing my silver leather red and replacing all the grey fabric interior some type of black/white plaid..lol! even bought a full replacement leather interior last night to get it underway.

105K on the white one? You'd think there would be a lot of life left in it. It's barely broken in yet. I dunno about $7K though, for that sort of money I'd be looking at the e39 540i's.

I don't mind the blue leather, a bit dated but I kinda like that funky 90's executive cheese styling. I'm seriously considering dyeing my silver leather red and replacing all the grey fabric interior some type of black/white plaid..lol! even bought a full replacement leather interior last night to get it underway.

Heeeeelll yes. Red leather is sexy.

I don't think i'd pay 7k for it, but there is definitely an appeal of e34 over e39.

Yeah I was always drawn to the singular round headlights and the "squareness" of the BMW body shape, lost after the e34, maybe the e38 is borderline-ish. I waited and waited till the right one came up for me to pounce on. I practically stole it at $2500, but right now these e34's are the time to buy. Right on the cusp of all being trashed and disappearing from the roads as they get older and handed on, passed in. There's still some gems around if you've $3K-ish in your pocket for one. It's a hell of a lot of car for the same cost as a Toyota Corolla.

DSC00028.jpg

• Like 3

I practically stole it at $2500,

Thats crazy for such a clean example! Was thinking of trying to low ball that white one with 5k but even that seems outlandish now....

At the time I got this there was quite a tidy looking black 540i in Wellington. Black with a charcoal looking tone through the lower doors. Nice Ali wheels etc. Sold on TM for $3000. I only saw the TM pics of it but it probably wasn't far off or near to the overall condition of mine 200K KM too.

I'd actually seen quite a few here and there. One I had just refreshed the browser and was the latest listing and someone hit the Buynow at $3500 while I was on the phone to the guy! He'd had it listed for maybe 2 minutes? You'll see one or two of these bargain deals a month on Trademe. Just constantly look and look and look and jump on it when it pops up.

• Like 1

gid day "sonic_attack", great looking wagon there..those wheels look the best on these cars. E34 540 is one of the best all-round do anything cars ya can get... better than those ole e39 handbags any day

I think he's meaning Wagon in generic vehicular terms.

I think I'll drop by Huntly sometime for you to take me for a stonk around in the 6-speed manual variant to convince me I should take the same route with mine. From what I read and the youtube vids i've watched it makes a lively car into something of an entirely different beast.

I think this Turners car would be well worth a look over. If it could be got for around $3500 and it shows signs of enthusiastic ownership it'd be a fairly reasonable bargain. It certainly looks tidy enough to warrant investigation. Spend $2K-$2.5K on springs wheels and tyres and at $6K it'd be a minter to hang onto.

I don't think it'll take long for these particular cars to see a reversal in affordability from where they're at are now.

Kinda odd how Carjam lists it as a 1997 e39 and so does the rego sticker though. Vin throws it up as mid 1995 (obviously).

That can't be a genuine error surely?

Kinda odd how Carjam lists it as a 1997 e39 and so does the rego sticker though. Vin throws it up as mid 1995 (obviously).

That can't be a genuine error surely?

I cant see where it says its registered as an e39 (other than the title of the auction) even though it came out of the factory in sept of 95 it wasn't first registered until jun 97. Often dealerships will register a car as the year of first registration or arrival to nz rather than model year. Bit strange to do this by two years but not unheard of.

You're right.

I just find it odd. Sneaking a couple years in there, I've never noticed that before or thought to notice. The year written on the rego has always been correct to the year of manufacture for cars I've owned.

You occasionally see 318i rego'd as a m3. Its rare but it does happen. You can register a car as whatever you like..

Ie. BMW 540i M5 msport awesome ultra tank 1995.

Someone probably googled at and 97 says E39.

It's actually a 95 model and was made in 95. You could get a 96 model that was made in 1995 too though :-)

Someone forgot to turn off the flux capacitor, then got it up to 88 mph?? ;)