Sign in to follow this  
JJohnsen88

My new E36 328i Mspec Coupe

After a year of eyeing this up it's finally mine. She's a 1996 328i Motorsport coupe, manual, and much more power than my auto E36 325i

post-22322-0-78228400-1405325294_thumb.j

post-22322-0-74133600-1405325313_thumb.j

post-22322-0-08510600-1405325355_thumb.j

post-22322-0-79713000-1405325373_thumb.j

post-22322-0-31094600-1405325416_thumb.j

post-22322-0-67578600-1405325443_thumb.j

• Like 1

Not sure, I think I enjoy the standard suspension. I mean yeah it would look great on a nice set of coilovers, but I have had low cars in the past and I just ruined the ride comfort of the car, the improvements in cornering ability sort of made up for it in a way.

• Like 1

looks fantastic. a newer looking headdeck would be on my list!

All that hard work with Malcom has paid off haha! Looks like a good one. You'll have to come round one day so we can suss it out haha

I have one of these sitting in the 325 ready to swap over when I get time. Multi-colour LED display, had it set to the same orange as the dashlights. There's a couple minor things to touch up on but all round it's tidy

post-22322-0-77278700-1405334410.jpeg

post-22322-0-61850300-1405334423.jpg

Buy some coilovers!!!! yeah sure the ride goes a wee bit but its a an acceptable sacrifice =D its not like its a passenger friendly vehicle anyway haha.

If you're wanting to go a little lower than stock but not sacrifice ride quality look at H&R or Eibach springs. Nice drop but not compromising comfort.

Looks like there's a few toys in there already - short shift kit & ZHP knob by the looks. Which BBS wheels are they? De-cat the exhaust, find a nice Remus backbox and some M3 headers and you'll be sorted :) Nice car!

The short shift kit feels great, took a little getting used to. The gearknob is loose on the stick and no way to tighten it up (I've tried) which is a bit of a bummer. Got some 8000k HID's for the low beam sitting in the other car that I'm swapping over too.

The wheels are 17x8" ASA/BBS Revolution with 205/40 tyres. Have had a wee look around for exhaust ideas, it's missing that throaty 6cyl rumble so I think that may be first on the add-on's list

oh my gosh does your centre console thing have cupholders?!?!?!

really nice, only if mine had a sun roof, and a manual :P

so how much did you end up buying this for if I may ask? How many K's on the motor? I may suggest getting some sport resonator and delete the cat and ad a remus muffler? or just get a full remus exhaust :P either wont sound that far off from what you are looking for. I guess some better headers would really be nice.

oh my gosh does your centre console thing have cupholders?!?!?!

Yes it sure does, but like all factory cupholders I've experienced, they don't handle G-Force well

really nice, only if mine had a sun roof, and a manual :P

so how much did you end up buying this for if I may ask? How many K's on the motor? I may suggest getting some sport resonator and delete the cat and ad a remus muffler? or just get a full remus exhaust :P either wont sound that far off from what you are looking for. I guess some better headers would really be nice.

I'm loving the manual, it's too cold at the moment for any sunroof action as my heater doesn't blow hot, only luke warm which previous owner's mechanic said the heater taps need bled. Apart from that, the headliner starting to drop slightly in a couple places, and the door card fabric coming away a bit too, that's all that's needing attention really. Payed $5500 for it and it had 164kms on it.

As for exhaust, was looking at the reamus muffler and see how far I want to go after that maybe cat delete.

post-22322-0-60757300-1405844592_thumb.j

post-22322-0-96323500-1405844692_thumb.j

• Like 1

Time to get some higher temp led fogs to match your low beams!