Sign in to follow this  
SIR E30

E30 Gearbox Crossmember

Couldnt find the gearbox section so here we go! Mods can move this if Im being stupid..

I dont know if what Im asking for exists..
I am in the process of putting a different gearbox in my E30, currently I have the old gearbox crossmember (from an auto) which I had planned to modify and mate up to the new box. The tricky part here is that now that Ive fitted the engine and box the new gearbox is significantly shortly and lines up with the front set of "tracks" on the body.. The existing crossmember fits only the rear-most set of "tracks" on the body.
If anyone has come up against this or knows of a crossmember that fits the front tracks Id be thankful, it will save alot of time and cutting/pasting! It only has to fit the E30 body and line up in the centre of the tunnel, the rest is going to be cut out and made to fit the new gearbox.

Thanks in anticipation.

-Jason

Just make a whole new one, prob less stuffing around

I literally need to drill one hole in it and fit a nolathane bush and it will work.. So far research has lead me to believe that an E21 crossmember will work, now to find one!

Front tracks are for manual and rear are for auto aren't they? Pretty sure that's how it works,

Front tracks are for manual and rear are for auto aren't they? Pretty sure that's how it works,

yep

manual ones tricky to find on thier own!

probably have one, what are the bolt spacings?

Cheers Fullas

Foxy you're a legend, I will measure up at the shed tomorrow and see what the numbers are.