Sign in to follow this  
Arma

e39 - Battery disconnect while overseas

Hey,

I'll be overseas for 3 weeks. Is it recommended to disconnect the battery during this period (on my e39 530i)? Since it won't be started or anything during this period.

Or get a multi stage battery charger with a trickle charge mode and leave it connected.

Post your address and I'll get some guys I know to keep an eye on your place ;)

• Like 1

Three weeks should not be an issue, so long as there are no parasitic devices running in the vehicle while it is locked and the vehicle is going into sleep mode and the battery is in good condition.

Three weeks should not be an issue, so long as there are no parasitic devices running in the vehicle while it is locked and the vehicle is going into sleep mode and the battery is in good condition.

Only additional devices (on top of stock ones) is the after market amp and sub woofers in the trunk. Those are obv not going to be running, but no idea if they draw power when car is off, hope not...

The battery is located in the trunk right? Have not disconnected batteries on the e39 before.