Sign in to follow this  
728besitzer

cv boot joints

good afternoon...

are there any good quality alternatives for cv joint boots for a 7 series e38? anyone know where to get them from?

alternatively, can anyone suggest who may have 'factory' ones at a sensible price?

thanks

klaus

tried BNT?

Also discount available there if you are a BMWCCNZ member

Part of the question is asking what OEM manufacturers names are considered to be just as good as those with the BMW stamp on them but without the BMW price hike.... For a heavy car like this I would imagine this is a sensible question to ask?

I dont imagine theres a huge market for new boots as rwd boots last quite well. So most on the market will likely be from the original manufacturer. quality of the boot wont matter so much as they dont really do alot. Buggest thing will be using a high quality grease if you regrease the joints. again most cv joint grease will be fine as rwd dont get as much angle change as a fwd and arent under stupid pressure.

Without knowing your chassis number this is the best i can come up with. Use this website with your chassis code (last 7 digits) to confirm these numbers are correct.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GE42&mospid=47508&btnr=33_1063&hg=33&fg=25

There are part numbers for both inner and outer boots. Euro Italian, Milland or you local dealer will be able to source/supply them.

Sexy reply is sexy.