Sign in to follow this  
Filth

E39 Central Locking Issue

Hi Guys,

Recent issue occurred with the car... The central locking on my car isn't working.

I checked the fuse in the boot, hasn't blown. Batteries on my key are fine as the red light appears when I press either unlock or lock. I've tried reprogramming the key and still nothing.

Has anyone come into this issue before? Any other potential solutions?

I had something similar that I haven't completely remedied yet. You could google something like "e39 resync door locks" and see if it's applicable.

I had something similar that I haven't completely remedied yet. You could google something like "e39 resync door locks" and see if it's applicable.

Already have last week, tried videos supplied on YouTube and nothing...

Do the doors lock and unlock from the big button on the center console

Had this problem. I bought a door lock actuator from a forum sponsor but didn't fit it before selling the car. 'Arma' bought the car and actuator, not sure if he had progress with that, but same symptoms. The actuator was about $70 IIRC

I had the same thing in the touring, and only just fixed it after doing the wiring relocation. Turns out that it was the Liquid Alarm sensor in the boot behind all the amps and cd changer etc. What I did was disconnect the battery, unplug the sensor and remove it. Placed it on the kitchen bench until the liquid settles at the same level, then plug it back in and reconnect the battery. Also have a look at fuse 48 above the battery, its the alarm fuse and that red/blk wire is integrated into the central locking system too

take it to new market bmw they will reprogram your keys the right way then point u in the right direcrtion. just walk up to tghe service desk and ask about key programming

Do the doors lock and unlock from the big button on the center console

Yes they do

I had the same thing in the touring, and only just fixed it after doing the wiring relocation. Turns out that it was the Liquid Alarm sensor in the boot behind all the amps and cd changer etc. What I did was disconnect the battery, unplug the sensor and remove it. Placed it on the kitchen bench until the liquid settles at the same level, then plug it back in and reconnect the battery. Also have a look at fuse 48 above the battery, its the alarm fuse and that red/blk wire is integrated into the central locking system too

Cool will give this a try - thanks!

take it to new market bmw they will reprogram your keys the right way then point u in the right direcrtion. just walk up to tghe service desk and ask about key programming

My flatmate is a salesman for Team McMillan so it's an option - cheers

Guys I've just thrown up a video on this issue, can someone please help?