Sign in to follow this  
qube

Trademe + Disputes tribunal

just checked the guys feedback

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=754552090

this was just a couple of weeks before he purchased my iphone.

he made a bid of $299 on an iphone "8GB" at 3:46pm and then asked

Hi I also require a recipt for the iphone saying its two months old before I pay, It does work on Telecom doesn't it. ?Thanks s*** 3:50 pm, Tue 22 Jul

then didnt go through with the trade. the seller relisted and sold to someone else with positive feedback..

the phone was repaired by a professional repair technician and i can prove that. no worries

If that's the case, tell him to send the phone back up at your cost and you'll get your "professional repair technician" to look at it and get it done right this time? Seems the logical thing to do. And if you've offered that and he still takes you to the tribunal at least you can show the referee you've gone out of your way to make things right and he's just being unreasonable about it.

BTW ... no one here is claiming you are scamming anyone - I am simply saying you've not done yourself any favours with the wording of your advert.

I once sold a locked iphone 4 with a screen I repaired - I stated both facts clearly in the advert - the seller received the phone without reading the advert properly and didn't realise it was locked to another network overseas and had to use one of those piggy back sims to unlock for it to work, wanted a refund, I told him to read the advert again - never heard from him again and even gave me a positive feedback.

Edited by M3_Power

but to be honest i dont think that the new screen and new back panel etc is the cause of the problem, because it was working fine after those repairs were done months ago.

but to be honest i dont think that the new screen and new back panel etc is the cause of the problem, because it was working fine after those repairs were done months ago.

I've replaced enough screens on iphones to know that a simple mistake when doing the job can mean catastrophic damage later on with these units. So very possible your professional guy did some damage when he did the job - if so and they are a professional outlet like you claim, then they are liable to fix it under the CGA to you.

i have done enough screens to know that myself too, but damage usually comes sooner rather than later. the replacement screen etc was done months before me selling it.

i claimed mint condition because it was in a case and never dropped.

edit: do you know what the blue screen problem is? i found not much online

Edited by QUBE

Only if you can prove it was their work that is causing the fault now. (e: in regards to claiming CGA on the outfit that repaired it)

Edited by KwS

I cant be bothered TBH, just sent him another email saying ill refund his money $300 when he sends me the phone.

No point wasting time over something like this.

Will either try to diagnose the problem PROPERLY or just sell it as is on trademe saying "faulty iphone". There seems to be a lot of self-made iphone repairers that buy these for cheap and sell for crazy prices.

• Like 1

Fwiw I deal with customers and end users all over the country and people from the Deep South have to be the most honest and trustworthy people I have ever dealt with. I know it's a generalisation and it won't be true for every individual but it's one drawn from extensive personal experience.

im sure hes not a bad person or trying to do some sneaky business.

i just want him to understand that sometimes things like this happen where its probably no ones fault and its just upto us to remedy the situation.

if he got a proper report done and sent me proof of it i would have been happy to go halves or maybe pay the whole thing but he straight up said full refund with no proof no nothing. start talking about court and CGA, no good. cant come to a peaceful resolultion that way.

• Like 1

Was sent track and trace not signature.

I agree with your point too and i dont think the mail service cause the problem. Nor do i think it was him. But thats the thing, buying second hand electronics you need to be aware that sometimes it just fails and when it does you should try to negotiate not point fingers.

I just decided to refund him and i will see whats wrong with the phone myself since he wasnt that helpful in this regard.