Sign in to follow this  
Auzeras

Where to buy Fuel Pressure regulator short notice?

Normally I order my parts well in advance from FPC Euro but I went to start the car today and was greeted by a geyser of petrol. The O ring on my fuel pressure regulator has bit the bullet but I'm looking to replace the whole thing since it's looking pretty old and it has a faint smell of fuel in the vac lines, although If I can get hold of an O ring Ill be cheap and pass off spending $100+ on the whole FPR

Problem is I have no clue where to buy an FPR for an E32 at short notice, it's certainly not likely to be stocked at most places and because I don't usually buy in NZ I don't even know where any decent euro parts stores are.

Anyone able to pass a few names of who might stock one, or where one would get a fuel safe O ring from should I choose to be cheap? I'm Wellington based but If I have to I'll overnight from Auckland, P/N 0280160249

Cheers

The "O" ring seal is the same as used on the BOSCH injectors. They are a common size used on alot of different cars. Most workshops or auto electricians should be able to help you

Sweet, I had a funny feeling that O ring was the same but I couldn't find a part number on RealOEM, I'll try get a whole bunch since I want to pull the injectors and see how they're going at some point, eventually rebuild if need be.

I'll give Gavin a ring too, If I can get that ring I'll put off the FPR until I need more parts and do another big order/work on car weekend.

Thanks guys!

The "O" ring seal is the same as used on the BOSCH injectors. They are a common size used on alot of different cars. Most workshops or auto electricians should be able to help you

That sort of advice is what makes this forum worth coming back to. Nice one Glenn :)

One injector O ring picked up from Tidy Car in Wellington. Nice guys there if anyone randomly needs O rings!

Ended up paying $6 for it, apparently the RRP is about $9, seemed a bit steep to me but I was buying 1 ring off a guy in a workshop, not from a store and I needed it fast. I've seen prices for injector rings range from $1- $12 each (Amazon - OEM from dealer) so it seemed ok to me.

If you were up the road I could of given you 20 for nothing... they come in all the head gasket sets... ya got ripped... but thats what's happening out there. I get complete injector pintle cap seal kits for less than that

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

Thats pretty bad. Most o-ring suppliers would be able to measure them probably stock them too. Ive got plenty lying around too as do alot of people.

Yeah, wasn't expecting it to be a deal but $6 was a little sharp. Probably wouldn't have bought it for $10.

I don't usually deal with NZ stores for this exact reason, been ripped off before with shops & retailers taking advantage of the fact I'm not up to date with what parts can cost from various suppliers (caught a shop out who tried to flog me a oil pan gasket for well over $70). Overseas the competition is much tighter and reputations are upheld. I currently shop with FCP Euro in the states which have given me better prices than a few NZ stores even factoring in the shipping costs. Even replaced parts that I couldn't ship back on my word that they were faulty. Not the best, I'd prefer to buy from NZ suppliers but finding a store with most of the parts, the same level of service and decent prices has proved a little fruitless for me.

Looking at the overseas price and comparing it to NZ isn't fair in my opinion when judging NZ stores since there's all sorts of extras like taxes and higher overheads due to less demand. It's tough as a one man DIY guy who's by no means professional to price out and buy parts from stockists who are mostly wholesalers or dealers.

You burn you learn :P rest in peace $6

I don't think you need to feel too ripped off. Yes, it is a very expensive O-ring and if you were buying 20 and paying $120 that would be a massive ripoff.

But try looking at it this way, the guy stopped working on something else to help you and its not like you spend a lot of money with him the rest of the year. He didn't actually make anything out of this sale. Meanwhile, you got what you needed to get your car going for little more than the cost of an ice cream - I reckon that is an ok outcome and you can feel fine about it if you want to.

Had a look at FCP Euro website. Some prices are good but there are a lot that you will get cheaper at the $$tealer here locally.

Then there is Gavin at Euro Italian who supplies a lot of OEM quality parts and will ship anywhere quickly, would be suprised if you would beat his prices/service from overseas.

I do buy from overseas but find that about 70% of goods are cheaper/quicker to source here.

doesnt matter what it is, i dont sell anything both privately and in the business for less than $20. its still time, and hassle if it goes wrong etc etc etc.

• Like 1