Sign in to follow this  
SimJen

E46 Sedan Towbar Wanted

I'm interested in a E46 Towbar and plug/wiring for my 330 sedan if anyone has one?

^^ Sounds like the guy on TradeMe only wants to sell as a rear cut from the advert.

I have the full factory wiring loom for an E46 towbar, over-rides the PDC, etc. Still new in the box with instructions, plus the 13-pin Euro to NZ flat 7pin adaptor if you need wiring on it's own.

I found the TM guy when looking for a 'bar for our Touring. I thought they were the same (sedan and touring) but he assures me that's not the case. Whatever.

Didn't seem too fussed about selling the 'bar on it's own when I'd asked.

Yeah, touring needs a different bar. The boot lock gets in the way of a sedan one.

Yeah, touring needs a different bar. The boot lock gets in the way of a sedan one.

I knew there was something different, but (without having checked) thought the sedan and touring bars were the same, but the coupe one was different.

I'll keep looking for a touring bar, or modify/design/make one from the E36 one I have here.

The one i put on my E46 coupe was for a facelift m/sport 4 door - but I'm pretty sure it said it suited a touring as well? Fitted on the coupe no problems. It was a NZ factory one made by Best Bars.

I've seen a couple on Trademe recently for the E46 - I'm on the scrounge for one to fit the E90 but they seem to be rarer than hens teeth second hand.

Edited by elmarco