Sign in to follow this  
bradi65

E30 clutch stuck

Hey guys hope I've posted this in the right place.

Just brought a new e30 325i,

the clutch seems to be in active the guy I brought it off said that it was just stuck and needs to be freed up,

Any ideas on how to get it unstuck ?

Could this be the slave cylinder ?

Any help would be very appreciated !

Cheers !!

Glenn's advice to me with a similar problem was to put it in gear and turn it over briefly on the starter motor. Obviously make sure the path in front is clear. Assuming the clutch is stuck and not another problem.

Glenn's advice to me with a similar problem was to put it in gear and turn it over briefly on the starter motor. Obviously make sure the path in front is clear. Assuming the clutch is stuck and not another problem.

I got it started in 1st gear and can drive it around but theres no clutch and no spring to the pedal, could it be the clutch cable ?

It's a hydraulic clutch. If you don't have resistance on the clutch pedal then either the master or slave cylinder is to blame.

Master cylinder you will see behind the clutch pedal. Slave is on the passenger side of the gearbox.

It's a hydraulic clutch. If you don't have resistance on the clutch pedal then either the master or slave cylinder is to blame.

Master cylinder you will see behind the clutch pedal. Slave is on the passenger side of the gearbox.

any ideas where to get one online ? I had a look on trademe but cant seem to find much.

Sterling Brake & Clutch will sell both

Sterling Brake & Clutch will sell both

Cheers man i got one from BNT today didnt come with the push rod but should be able to use the old one ! hard part will be trying to bleed the system by myself lol

Buy a one man bleeder from ripco for like $10.

Damm wish i looked at this earlier spent about 30min last night pumping the clutch and ramming a golf club between it and the seat and lots of back and forth, i might go get one anyway don't think i got all the air out, Cheers !

Mates, neighbours, cats etc work well for bleeding clutches.

Fastest way solo I found was to have the slave off the gearbox, hold it upside down. undo the bleed screw, push the rod right in, tighten it up then let the piston push back out. It will draw more fluid down through the system each time. You do it like 3 times and it starts gushing without bubbles, then you know your done.

• Like 1