Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Scanner tools

Anyone here in the know about scanner tools? Seen the Snap on ones which cost the earth. Would ideally like something I can USB to a tablet/laptop. There's loads on TradeMe, would prefer something that does Euro and Crapanese cars.

Cheers.

If you want to use it on your BMW's, I'd go BMW specific. You can read codes, plus fit new modules or set options etc, plus a lot of the generic readers give very generic fault codes.

For the E39, I use the BMW stuff (INPA, DIS, WINKFP etc) and BMW Scanner - the two of them can be had for around NZ$100 total and can do everything I'd ever need. I've recoded an E53 X5 LCM to our E39 then turned off angel eye cold checks, coded a brand new ABS module, changed settings for anything I possibly could and fiddled with a bunch of things I shouldn't. Plus I can go from 2.5 to 3.0 and load the correct software in the DME B)

I bought a cable off ebay, scored an old laptop from work and installed inpa and dis. Does the job quite well. Our resident know it all for bmw diagnostics and coding will probably chime in soon :)

Get a basic autel one?