Sign in to follow this  
allan

Tim 325

Some interesting challenges you've tackled. I didn't realise that the m seats where so heavy until I removed the passenger seat recently. Very heavy with all the motors.

By the way , did you find a cheap source for tyco bush contacts by any chance for the connectors or did you by via bmw ?

All the electrical connector used so far came from the 325 I spent a bit of time and destroyed a couple but found a way to remove the electric terminals from the plastic connectors. After a visit north I got a lead on why the locking on the car might not be working plus the info Tom posted on the diamond shaped keys seemed to back this up. So after arranging things with Tom and purchasing two new keys from an E-bay sit I sent them off so Tom could work his teco magic. They dually arrived and both worked the locks manually and started the car next I attempted to synchronize them but only one was successful will attempt to redo the other one later. So I'm now able to lock and unlock the car remotely which is great so things I have done since then

1. Run the remaining wires for the auto dip mirror to the fuse box just need to sort out the connectors and connect it all up .

2. Purchased a rechargeable torch unit and fit it in the glove box bit of a luxury thing.

3. Obtain the black cubic trim pieces for the gear surround and door handle pieces and fit them.

4. Looking at electrifying the rear windows seems to be a standard thing in the UK not so here on the compacts.

5. Looking for a complete M sport rear seat for the compact and the rear parcel tray with the hidden storage compartment.

Edited by tim 325