Sign in to follow this  
greenalleycat

Traction control kicks in round corners

In my case my back tyres were mint and it was the fronts that were on about minimum. Replaced the fronts and no more issues.

Sweet as. WoF is due next month, and it'll fail on its current tires, so after exams I'll go get new fronts... $600-700 later maybe it'll be fixed...

sounds like you have pretty average ( read rubbish) tyres on the car, suggest you get some decent ones. and get the car checked out and set up properly . A perfect set up won't compensate for rubbish tyres - or the other way round.

Rubbish as in tyre brand or as in the actual state of them?

probably both

Assumption is the mother of all f.. ups.

Get the tires done, and get the car checked when its in at the dealer. Hopefully one of those two should fix it.

Not all alignments are the same either!

I have our E39 done, and wasn't happy. I went elsewhere, discussed exactly what I wanted (good tire life, good handling, not a race car setup).

It came back with VISIBLY less camber on the rear (car actually looks higher!) and handles WAY better, because the tires are actually touching the road properly.

The inside of the tires are no longer scrubbing either!

Make sure the place you use does a REAL alignment, not just a "toe adjustment", and that they do it in the right order.

SOmeone on here might be able to suggest a place close to you that is capable enough enough to do it right.

Not all alignments are the same either!

I have our E39 done, and wasn't happy. I went elsewhere, discussed exactly what I wanted (good tire life, good handling, not a race car setup).

It came back with VISIBLY less camber on the rear (car actually looks higher!) and handles WAY better, because the tires are actually touching the road properly.

The inside of the tires are no longer scrubbing either!

Make sure the place you use does a REAL alignment, not just a "toe adjustment", and that they do it in the right order.

SOmeone on here might be able to suggest a place close to you that is capable enough enough to do it right.

Thanks mate, I've resolved I'm not going back to the same shop again, I'm not confident they've done a good job. If anyone can suggest somewhere in Christchurch to get 2x 225/40/18s and a high quality alignment done, let me know......