Sign in to follow this  
Arma

Brake fluid flush required after new pads?

Is it recommended to flush with new brake fluid after new pads are installed? What if only the front or only the back pads are changed? Does it matter?

Nothing to do with pads but recomended to change every two years.

Just convieniant while the brakes are being done.

• Like 1

Ok cool, thanks Jason.

Personally I would just give them a good bleed when doing the pads. Chances are the fluid level will be pretty high once you have pushed the pistons back in to make room for the new pads, so bleeding a bit out while your there is no big deal.

Never push brake fluid back through a ABS brake system. Bleed it out through the bleed nipple when compressing the piston.

• Like 1

Jacking the thread but do wear sensors need to be replaced aswell or is it again more of a covenience/while-im-at-it type of thing?

I think they need doing if they wore down enough to activate. Could be wrong though

I think they need doing if they wore down enough to activate. Could be wrong though

Correct

• Like 1

brake fluid absorbs moisture from the atmosphere.It can absorb so much moisture it can cause pockets of steam in a hot system,and or start corrosion of brake components.Thats why you need to replace it every two years max.Any brake work is an good excuse to get rid of the old stuff

• Like 1

Yeah. My front sensor was fine so just re-used mine. I bought new rear sensor because I felt so sure it would be worn, but it seemed perfectly fine too. So now I have a spare sensor.

The sensors will onlyneed replacing if they have worn through enough to activate the warning light on the dash, no light means the sensors can be re-used. As above replacing the fluid is a 2 yearly job, regardless of kms.

• Like 1