Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

OEM camshaft specs

I've been doing hours of digging around the internets to find out the stock cam specs for the M50 / M52 / M54 range of engines.

So far, the closest I've gotten is threads on other forums, which seem to be pretty hit & miss. My searching so far has turned up:

M50B25NV - intake 240*, 9.7mm lift; exhaust 228*, 9.0mm lift

M50B25TU - in 228*, 9.0mm; exh 228*, 9.0mm

M52B28TU - in 228*, 9.0mm; exh 244*, 9.0mm

M54B30 - in 240*, 9.7mm, exh 244*, 9.0mm

S50B30US - in 252*, 10.2mm; exh 244*, 9.5mm

S50B30 - in 260*, 12mm; exh 260*, 12mm

Can anyone verify these specs? Or better yet, is there an online resource listing the factory figures? Getting quite tired of American threads where the OP lists information which then descends into an online argument where 20 other posts say the figures are wrong but don't post any supporting data.

Thanks guys

Edit: Have tried the Bentley, Chilton & Haynes manuals and none of them have the data I'm looking for either. Nor does RealOEM or WebETK :(

Edited by Ahmedsinc

Or even better - does anyone have a login to BMW university / centernet? I keep coming across various training PDFs and they are the motherlode of data!

Have seen the pdf of the N52, details right down to exact crankshaft weights, piston shirts thicknesses..... it's a nerds paradise!! :D

Haven't yet found the M54 though

Edited by Ahmedsinc

Can you get that PDF again? I'll trade it for actual measurements of a m52b28 and an m54b30 cam

Can you get that PDF again? I'll trade it for actual measurements of a m52b28 and an m54b30 cam

Dead link?

There's a diagram in the vanos section showing the M52B28TU cams as 228*, intake & exhaust. At the start of the pdf it lists the M52 as having 9mm lift.

That training manual confirms the B30 intake cam as having 9.7mm lift, and so far it appears inlet is 240* and exhaust 244*, 9mm

9 hours searching so far, my eyeballs are bleeding & my fingers are worn to stumps. Any confirmed data would be awesome!