Sign in to follow this  
Mikal

Where 2 put 6x9s

:mosh: I just got ahold of sum pioneer 330wat max 6x9s

you may not have noticed but theaz sum big chunky metal under the back shelf

any suggestions on wat i shud do? :mosh:

ummm just put some good speakers in the front, i reckon you can make the parcel tray reeal ugly with spacers but thats just my opinion, what about in the rear door cards????

k an wat about a sub

will it be gud enuf in the boot?

yup sub is fine in the boot, heres what ive done, and i think i did a bloody good job of the tweeters!

Sub in boot, 4inch in front standard pod thingys, 6.5" components in the parcel tray and tweeters at the top of pilars (my car is 2 door) pointing at my head so i get the best high pitch

i dont care to much for car stereos, but all up that has cost me $420, and it sounds great when its set up right (fad bal etc).

-pionner hot start pack (bought in a hurry the day i got the car) $199

-fusion 6.5 components (bought becasue they were on sale :P ) $69

-lighting audio sub and amp from parallel imported nz $150ish

I am going to upgrade to alpine in time, but for now its great nice depth in the music, as i dont crank my soundz up to loud and disturb the peace yo :wacko:

read the FAQ's in this part of the forum..

all can be found if you look :D

burn the 6x9's

burn the 6x9's

I second the motion.

Decent ampd front spilts, decent amped 12 or maybe 2 12's if u'r an SPL fan, and that'll do donkey, that'll do.

k an wat about a sub

will it be gud enuf in the boot?

try to speak english on these forums and keep your texting language for phones where it belongs... :gay:

sorry about the txt language

ill try stop that.

i got a 800w pioneer sub because it was on special.

any recomendations on an amp?

like i said im new and still learning

My recommendation is get a 4 channel amp of good quality. You can then run your front component speakers off 2 channels, and bridge the other two channels to power the sub. If you put rear speakers in (you don't need them - seriously), run 'em off the headunit.

If you have more money later its easy to buy another amp just for the sub, and then either bridge the 4 ch to your fronts or run the rears off it aswell.

My guess is that the power rating you've given for your sub (800W) is the peak or PMPO rating. Shops and people who know nothing about car audio use this number because it is bigger than the real or "nominal" power rating (RMS). This number is the important one. When talking about audio or buying an amp etc look at the RMS rating. The peak rating means sh*t.

My guess is your sub is around 300-400w RMS. Front speakers will be around 90-100w RMS if you get decent ones.

So you need an amp with a MINIMUM of 70w RMS per channel to power these in an acceptable manner. Bigger would be better but more expensive. at 70-odd W per channel you'll find the overload protection cutting in when you listen to really bassy tracks really loud (if you buy a decent amp that has it - if not say bye,bye to your amp if you crank it).

I'd recommend: (most stolen off PI website but I'm too lazy to do otherwise)

Alpine MRV-F540 $600 approx (very good amp)

Clif Designs Clif Designs CD600A $600 approx (also very good)

JBL PX300.4 $480 on special (OK - but great value at this price)

Rockford Fosgate P4004 $400 approx (slightly less power, but RFs tend to go harder than rated, so good value and a sturdy amp)

and then a couple of favourites from the NZicemag whores:

Eaudio 480AB dunno how much but prob $500 - this amp kicks ass and if I wasn't such a cheap bastard I'd have one in my car.

Caliber CA475+ $400-500 depending on specials. (I have the "little brother" to this amp - same ratings but the cheaper line made by the same manufacturer) These are popular and awesome value for money.

Good luck audio hunting!

PS - if its way, way cheaper thanthese, its probably crap and will either perform sh*t, die, or sound crap. You get what you pay for within reason.

Pioneer w305c. I have the newer one w306c. Really good value subs. Not the hardest performers but good for the money. They retail fo arounsd $160 and PI has them for around $90.

I have the Caliber amp I mentioned 75wrmsx4 powering 90w Infinity splits and the w306c quite well. I am now hungering for a separate sub amp as prolonged exposure to high bass levels on hot days pwns the overheat cut-out, but otherwise its all sweet.

$60 for a decent sub box (mines a custom job, ported with 18mm MDF, double layered on front baffle - overkill), $300-500 for decent amp, $200-300 for semi decent front speakers, $60-odd sundries and cabling, plus installation.

Do it yourself and you'll spend around $900 if you use the sub you have and you have a head unit already. It will sound really good too.