Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

E36 Coupe Windows

So the windows on my E36 93 coupe have stopped working. This is what I have done so far.

Checked the fuses 11 and 14 have no power to either side. 43 has power to both sides. I checked the switches and there is no power coming to the switches. I took the glove box out to find the comfort relay but I couldn't see it anywhere.

Confession time; I did charge a flat battery and vaguely remember the windows trying to automatically close.

Thoughts anyone?

Ok further investigation shows fuse #7 the central locking fuse keeps blowing but after replacing it the windows came back even though it blew immediately. I need to find the issue with the Central locking now.

Problem solved, all down to frayed wires in the boot lid. What a mess! In the photo I have already taped up 3 frayed wires but as you can see the blue wire was completely severed.

DSC_01781_zps6b83de81.jpg

• Like 1

Yes it looks like it, but it was intermittent and it may have been fuse 7 being blown that caused the issue as well. As an aside when I repaired the problem, my tail light failure warning disappeared as well.

• Like 1

I hope this is of some use, I get so much info from this forum its nice to be able to contribute something.

Occurs on e39's also provide some extra protection for the wiring.