Sign in to follow this  
benpaul12

130i fuel & iDrive

Hey all, does anyone on here own a 130i?

I've been driving mine for a few days now and I am just wondering what others might be getting around town for fuel economy?

I read online that the urban stats are around 13.7 l/100km which is pretty horrendous meaning I'm probably only going to get 400kms before filling up.

Also, if you don't get the radio changed (just use aux), nav doesn't work, does everyone keep iDrive screen closed? It's pretty useless otherwise!

That fuel usage is probably about right in heavy Auckland traffic, my 530i uses plenty, (basically the same engine but an older model in a bigger heavier car) and 50% of my commute is open road driving, but I still use about 11.5L/100k.

My smaller V6 Golf also uses plenty.. big engine in busy city traffic is never going to be all that economical.

If yours has the 6 speed manual gearbox it will use a bit less than the automatic version.

You can get your japanese system converted to NZ, one of the forum sponsors does this (Auto Gravity).

http://www.fuelly.com/car/bmw/130i for an idea of other peoples usage.

Edited by Charles32

Geez 13.7 sounds worse then the V8. Least I'm getting about 11l. Still mainly open rd stuff. Lots of fun the 130 anyways I'm told.

Got drive updated to nz by Autogravity, never regretted it as well, good once it's useable

be pretty bad conditions if you cant do better than that i reckon.Torquey motor light ish car.

Managed to drive like a nana on the way home (Greenlane to Takapuna) and got 7.7 l/100. Pretty happy with that. I pushed it into 6th gear on the motorway earlier than it wanted so that seems to help a bit too.

Overall the fuel economy is around 10-12 with a bit of quick driving and traffic, it just seems to be going down faster than I thought, but it's only a small tank anyway.

Breaker, did you get the $799 one performed on your car, navigation and radio?

http://www.autogravity.co.nz/shop/Vehicle+Manufacturer/BMW/5er/5er+-+E602004-2010/BMW+Idrive+CCC-01439.html

Breaker, did you get the $799 one performed on your car, navigation and radio?

http://www.autogravity.co.nz/shop/Vehicle+Manufacturer/BMW/5er/5er+-+E602004-2010/BMW+Idrive+CCC-01439.html

Yip that's the one, got Bluetooth module as well so blew the budget, radio Nav is definitely worth it for me

98, but some of the fuel from the dealer was probably 91. Let's see how it goes on the next fill.

Yip that's the one, got Bluetooth module as well so blew the budget, radio Nav is definitely worth it for me

I'll probably get the radio/nav option too, need to put the pennies away!

• Like 1

I have the same 3.0 engine in the Z4 and it probably weighs about the same as the 1 series. I find it extremely economical especially for the performance. It's got a small tank, but I generally see 550kms around town.

I have the same 3.0 engine in the Z4 and it probably weighs about the same as the 1 series. I find it extremely economical especially for the performance. It's got a small tank, but I generally see 550kms around town.

Interesting. I think it will come down to a mix of driving style, traffic and fuel type. Going to be interesting to see how it goes this weekend on a drive to Welly.

Interesting. I think it will come down to a mix of driving style, traffic and fuel type. Going to be interesting to see how it goes this weekend on a drive to Welly.

I managed just over 700kms on a tank driving Wellington to Auckland over New Years. Was quite impressed.