Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

320i - 2010?

What is the general consensus of a 2010 320i Sedan with the N46 engine?

Mileage is around 100k kms ex Japan import.

Common faults?

Just did a google: http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f74/n46-engine-t109112/ not pretty reading on quite a few sites.

My mate has a 320i with the same engine and it has oil leaks. He did a pre-purchase from Jerry Clayton and while it's good ATM, they picked up on quite a few things that I can see haunting him down the line. While completely subjective whenever I get in his car I feel it's a ticking time bomb :(

The fuel economy is good, but the performance is a little average, it also sounds like a tractor when it starts!

I'd suggest looking at a 3 series with the smaller 6 cyls as they're more reliable and more enjoyable!

Consensus is steer clear of the four cylinder E90's and go for the straight six models. Been a couple of threads on here lately of people having nightmares with them - copious oil leaks, burning oil etc.

Yeah that is what I keep hearing.

Only reason I ask is a friend was asking for car advise on some Audis

Then suddenly went and bought a 320i 4 pot, with out even researching it...........

95.gif

Oops...

There's a reason they are plentiful and cheap. :/

It's an older one but I don't think they fixed those oil leak issues in the newer one. )

It's an older one but I don't think they fixed those oil leak issues in the newer one. http://bimmersport.co.nz/index.php?/topic/52205-Sharing-Experience---Don't-Panic!-(and-other-e90-stories)

They haven't addressed or fixed oil & water leaks since E30's & E28's. Some engines are just a little bit better than others

Edited by B.M.W Ltd