Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

E46 M3 Instrument Cluster - UK version (with M track mode light) - 0km

Okay

Great condition E46 M3 instrument cluster with the all important M track mode light (and ability to run CSL digital oil level indicator if you run CSL software).

Wiped back to 0km with proper tools (checksum corrected with no errors).

Able to code for any new VIN number (will happily assist and input this for any purchaser)

$300

or will do a straight swap for any NZ new E46 M3 instrument cluster.

Note - this has miles and km/h indication.

GUARANTEED NO TAMPER DOT!!!!!! I can assist in getting rid of this.

Great upgrade if you run the older style instrument clusters WITHOUT the M track mode light or CSL oil indicator cluster software (note ONLY works if you run a CSL DME).

Also I can now repair basically all E46 clusters (faulty LEDs ect) - so just ask : )

IMAG0042_zpstsboj023.jpg

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity why do you specify that it must be a NZ cluster? The odo miles readout can be easily coded to km and an identical to OEM km/hr only cluster gauge insert can be purchased for about 100 bucks from Europe. A bit fiddly to fit, but it sounds like you have the skills to pull the needles off without damaging the spindles.

Just out of curiosity why do you specify that it must be a NZ cluster? The odo miles readout can be easily coded to km and an identical to OEM km/hr only cluster gauge insert can be purchased for about 100 bucks from Europe. A bit fiddly to fit, but it sounds like you have the skills to pull the needles off without damaging the spindles.

You are right, I am aware you can buy the inlays from Europe and I have one but it is just not quite the same ... And yes I can disassemble these without damage and reinstall the needles and recalibrate them correctly.

It is mainly because it is the only one missing from my collection : P

From top down:

USA version

Europe version

Early Europe version

IMAG0044_zpspup9kzoz.jpg

Are you able to fix my e39 03 import, pixel issue? If so, how much could you do it for?

Okay

Great condition E46 M3 instrument cluster with the all important M track mode light (and ability to run CSL digital oil level indicator if you run CSL software).

Wiped back to 0km with proper tools (checksum corrected with no errors).

Able to code for any new VIN number (will happily assist and input this for any purchaser)

$300

or will do a straight swap for any NZ new E46 M3 instrument cluster.

Note - this has miles and km/h indication.

GUARANTEED NO TAMPER DOT!!!!!! I can assist in getting rid of this.

Great upgrade if you run the older style instrument clusters WITHOUT the M track mode light or CSL oil indicator cluster software (note ONLY works if you run a CSL DME).

Also I can now repair basically all E46 clusters (faulty LEDs ect) - so just ask : )

IMAG0042_zpstsboj023.jpg

Are you able to fix my e39 03 import, pixel issue? If so, how much could you do it for?

Have never opened one of those up before and I am hesitant to do stuff for pay if I am not 100% I can do it. Will grab a wrecked cluster to practice on first or unless someone is keen to lend me one first to have a look. My understanding is it is not constructed too differently to the E46 cluster so repairing them shouldn't be an issue.

They're easy, other than lifting the gauge face up enough to drill a hole behind it.

if its faulty already there is not much to loose i guess!

would be great to have someone in the community that could do the pixel repairs, it is coming more and more a problem by the day!

They dont look hard, ive done a few VW/Audi ones that fail. You should be fine with it Tom

I shall grab one out of a wreck then and have a look. It most certainly looks doable.

I would of course only do this "at cost" - it's more a hobby for me than a money making thing.