Sign in to follow this  
Dn540

Wrecking/Parting E39 540I

Hey guys,

Parting out my 1998 540i, has EDC, high OBC, facelift style tail lights, m steering wheel and airbag $250, style 66 alloys with near new tyres $750, near new cabin filters $30 and spark plugs. M5 style electric folding mirrors $200

Pulling apart as not economical to repair the timing chain guides. Engine still runs fine just noisey. 240Km.

I'm in Dunedin but have no problems sending around the country.

I have no problem dismantling larger parts if you only need certain items. Such as Heads, valve covers, VANOS units etc etc. I plan to use the block as a coffee table once it's stripped.

The ABS unit is the only thing currently missing.

post-51475-0-23323100-1429964745_thumb.j

By any chance is the abs unit missing because you brought that 540i on dirty south with the bung abs unit?

By any chance is the abs unit missing because you brought that 540i on dirty south with the bung abs unit?

Haha, nah some guys bought it then came and got the unit off me at 10:30pm. Had already been in contact with the seller as he was going to buy the unit but didn't.

He sold that 540 really cheap, think he let it go for under 1800.

Had them message me yesterday asking if I'd sell plates and tags......

^francois u need those m5 style mirrors!

Haha I have 2 sets of those at the moment :)

What suspension you got in there?

It has S-EDC, but it seems to sit lower than I would expect. The springs look original, but I haven't taken them out to check further. Any tips to solidly identify what's in there?

Haha, nah some guys bought it then came and got the unit off me at 10:30pm. Had already been in contact with the seller as he was going to buy the unit but didn't.

He sold that 540 really cheap, think he let it go for under 1800.

Had them message me yesterday asking if I'd sell plates and tags......

Haha typical dirty south! Yea I was very tempted to buy it but guessing regd had lapsed if they were wanting plates and tags

Haha typical dirty south! Yea I was very tempted to buy it but guessing regd had lapsed if they were wanting plates and tags

Yep! I spotted they had re listed it again, i was sure it had rego so i don't know why they would want plates and tags... probably for some other dodgy adventure.

Should buy my one! A project ;)

Also forgot to mention, if anyone has a large air compressor or other tools they wish to swap for parts, I'm all ears.

Edited by Dn540

Bump, anyone needing any parts? Trying to get rid of this thing whole/in parts down south is tough business.

I still have this poor thing sitting here, some one save both of us.

External mirrors still there?

They sure are, $200 for the pair. Electric folding too.

Thought i recognised your TM name from somewhere haha.

• Like 1

yeah I know the listing now. would you have the front bumper as well? would do a deal together with the mirrors. freight to Auckland not a problem I will organize it. Cheers Dimitrios 0297704761

Can you buy a better car for the cost of the timing chain repair?

Can you buy a better car for the cost of the timing chain repair?

Well, I bought an S124 E320T. I always wanted one, a cheap one popped up and I grabbed it. A week later the BMW did it's rails so i wasn't so pissed at it :)

Nothing quite grabs my heart as much as 124,201 and 126 series Mercedes. Have a 190e in the garage that I'm currently converting from a 2.0 8v to 3.0-24v to be used as the wifes car.

If it was just the rails this car needed I would have fixed it. But it needs a bit of engine work such as CCV, valley pan gasket, panel work, full under body plastics, radiator, AC radiator, the list goes on. Previous owner drove it though a farm fence and into a ditch.

yeah I know the listing now. would you have the front bumper as well? would do a deal together with the mirrors. freight to Auckland not a problem I will organize it. Cheers Dimitrios 0297704761

Yes, not a problem. It's the facelift bumper if that makes any difference. I also have the fog lights for it too. Send me an email pearcemustang@xtra.co.nz

Hey. How large are the rims and what tyres are they running?

17x8/9, rear tyres are Maxxis MA-Z1 255/40/17. Front tyres are Supercat 235/45/17.

Edited by Dn540

Hey. How large are the rims and what tyres are they running?

Were you the guy that asked me on the auction about them?