Sign in to follow this  
topless

new broom for wifey...

Have finally supplied the old dragon with a new set of wheels. Not a powerhouse but will get her around.

Began life here as a bog standard 318I with auto box (which was stuffed). I pulled the auto box out of my pre f/l which is also a 4 HP22 but with different bellhousing etc to suit the M10 motor. Swapped the bellhousings etc around and put it in the car and got it going witht he intention of selling it off. But then the dragon got interested and started whining... took it for a drive and decided she might want it if it was manual.

Thanks to Graeme, got complete manual conversion and spent some time fitting it as it has a wierd propshaft with a cv joint in the rear which didn't agree with my rear suspension sub-frame. Anyway, got that sorted and running.

Next was a good clean in and out, fit front fogs, regas the aircon and add a set of nice recaros along with a mtech steering wheel. Replace dash with one with only one small crack. Lowered the car as well so it didn't quite look so much like a 4x4 anymore too.. not too low though...

Dragon is in :wub: and off my back for a while... wooopeeeee..... :bounce:

wow, i wish i could just do things like that! how do you do all that work without a hoist? or do you have one? looks very nice, also anyone (maybe) looking for or to swap a MINT facelift coupe next year with a prefacelift i might be keen, im sick of the low arches in the back of my car..wanting that race car look :rolleyes:

how do you do all that work without a hoist? or do you have one?

I'm too old to lift gearboxes unaided anymore, have a large trolleyjack to help. :)

The dragon can redo the grill and the rest of the plastic. Actually is better than the photo shows (looks bloody awful in the pic !!). Done my bit for now.. busy on the 318-m325 conversion..

Nice, i take it wifey doesnt frequent these parts

she most definitely does, 26 years of life sentence done so far.. :wacko:

oh a car...

and a bmw, winner

post-9-1134080304.jpg

oh a car...

and a bmw, winner

Attached Image

heehee, the dragon says she prefers her red bmw broom, not those 2 brown honda brooms... :P

as for chromies... :finger: :puke:

William, I know you know what you're doing, but forgive me if I pass on the chance to get under there for a look when I finally make it down. . . . .

wuss....

I put it this high on stands when removing the motor/gearbox. Then use the jack to lower the engine down to the ground and drag it from under the car. easy... B)