Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Why you should have insurance

Six fire appliances turned up, was pretty bad, gas mains were spewing forth flames visible for quite some distance

post-18-1134084699.jpg

Bit of a mess, lost mostly everything, house won't be liveable for a few months at least

post-18-1134084811.jpg

Insurance dude was quite nice would dread to think what it would be like if they weren't insured, they're basically left with the clothes they wore to work.

post-18-1134084952.jpg

At this stage it appears to have been an electrical fault right near the gas mains.

Holy sh*t carl, thats horrible, im so sorry to hear that. Do they know what caused it? Hope it wasnt arson. So lucky they have insurance, so so lucky, ive experienced a house burnout with no insurance once before.

Man, that'd suck big time. Sympathy.

Its hard to see positives, but it will allow your parents to start with all new stuff. But there's all that old stuff they would be attached to gone forever.

Best part is - stuff is replaceable - its just stuff - people are not.

dude thats pretty f**ken donkey ball licking bad man.

say bimmersport (and the guy with the honda) are sorry bout that.

now they can by a few hondas :D

my condolenses to you and your family, I couldnt imagine losing all my memories and posessions like that.

All the best for the future.

Dude - even just seeing those pictures bums me out. I guess support from family is what's needed right now. So close to chrissi as well.

We all think pretty much the same thing. Things are replaceable, People are not.

Carls parents are pretty cool, so it really sucks to see this happen to them. :(

That is the gay - at least it seems some photo albums survived.

Its the things with sentimental value that matter. I have some photos and some of my grandfathers things - at the end of the day - they are the only things that would upset me.

Damn Carl, so sorry. It really sucks losing memories like that.. at leats you saved the photos.

Anyway this doesnt help you i'm sure. :(

dam sorry for your folks,

as everyone else said, just be thankful no one was hurt. Could have been way worse if they were caught sleeping

hopefully the back part of the house is ok? and most of that sentimental type stuff is there.Thats the stuff that is a real loss.Dont know what i could do but if you need some help give us a shout...