Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

Pelican parts package MIA?

Ordered a bunch of maintenance bits for the E39 a couple weeks back from Pelican, according to the USPS tracking tool it left the US on the 12th of June, arrived in NZ on Sunday 14th.

As of this evening, NZ / Courier post have no record of the package being handed over from the airline, and I have not yet heard from Customs (hoping I don't!!)

Pelican have attempted to track it's location but haven't come back with anything more than an inquiry number which I assume is to do with USPS, and "we hope you will receive your order soon", and NZ Post aren't interested until it gets released to them. I've tried to contact USPS directly but for the life of me I can't find an appropriate email tool for international queries, only domestic stuff (i.e. the online form refuses to process if the delivery address doesn't have a US state)

According to the CS rep at Courierpost it should show up on the online tracker if the item has been held by Customs, but thus far it doesn't seem to have been scanned in NZ :(

Any info or hints would be sweet!

Sometimes you just need to wait. I have had packages turn up from the states 2 weeks after it said they arrived here.

Pelican are the ones that will need to chase it through USPS though. If you try USPS will tell you to contact the sending of the package.

• Like 1

yep give it another week before getting too serious,

I often get the parcel a day or two before it registers on USPS website so its a bit delayed.

i would say you will be getting a bill in the mail

1 week = 2 days processing, couple of days to prepare an invoice, couple of days invoice in the post.... and to top it off NZ post only deliver 3 days a week now too

the customer service person is just reading from their manual, what he/she is saying is most often not the case.

Customs arent a freight company and dont have scan tools to integrate into tracking system of every single freight company in the world.

• Like 1

pretty sure last time i ordered something from the states with usps it didnt come via nz post or courier post but some other courier company. cant remember which.

I've had stuff with USPS disappear for two weeks at the same step in the process as you describe. They're just really hopeless. If it doesn't appear, you'll need to get Pelican Parts to follow up with USPS.

Edited by duvey
  • Like 1

pretty sure last time i ordered something from the states with usps it didnt come via nz post or courier post but some other courier company. cant remember which.

sounds like UPS not USPS. UPS New Zealand is delivered by Fliway iirc

Will have to keep an eye on the letterbox then. Have used Pelican a few times before, has always been handled here by Courierpost and arrives far quicker than thought. Except for this time.

If I am getting a bill from the 'gummint it's a bit strange that it hasn't yet been scanned by the local agent. According to the faqs on the Courierpost site it should be scanned, then taxed by Customs (if applicable) then scanned again once released for final delivery.

Pelican have started an inquiry and given me a case number, but without anything to reference it to I'm still in the dark - and partless :(

Thanks all

Will have to keep an eye on the letterbox then. Have used Pelican a few times before, has always been handled here by Courierpost and arrives far quicker than thought. Except for this time.

If I am getting a bill from the 'gummint it's a bit strange that it hasn't yet been scanned by the local agent. According to the faqs on the Courierpost site it should be scanned, then taxed by Customs (if applicable) then scanned again once released for final delivery.

Pelican have started an inquiry and given me a case number, but without anything to reference it to I'm still in the dark - and partless :(

Thanks all

yeah youd think so but not in my experience. just give it a few more days bud. just the risks etc of buying over seas. you savecash, but you have this sort of thing.

yeah youd think so but not in my experience. just give it a few more days bud. just the risks etc of buying over seas. you savecash, but you have this sort of thing.

Email from USPS yesterday, looks like I've been bagged by Customs. Stink!

I use Pelican mostly because OEM parts are reasonably priced and are frequently at my doorstep sooner than local aftermarket suppliers can arrange delivery.

Still, at least it hasn't been lost!

Stupid taxes :(

Edited by Ahmedsinc

just out of curiosity, what was the value of the package?

$380US + shipping. Would have been lucky to sneak that under the radar but it does happen from time to time ;)

$380US + shipping. Would have been lucky to sneak that under the radar but it does happen from time to time ;)

so about $430, thats unlucky!

Closer to $680NZ........we've dropped over 5cUS since I placed the order.

Bollocks!!

sorry missed you had US not NZ $