Sign in to follow this  
nick34

New to Bimmersport - 1989 525i

seemed like a logical decision to join a BMW forum once i bought my new e34! i post regularly on oldschool.co.nz, and was recommended this site by a few others.
recently purchased a 1989 525i off a friend, in immaculate condition, running a m20b25 out of an E30 after the factory motor got cooked by a previous owner. automatic trans is its only downfall, but its the perfect car to cruise.
1cnJhPq.jpg?1

9JO7QG5.jpg?1

i have some e34 basketweaves to put on in the near future, then plan to lower the ride height and other aesthetic details. maybe AC schnitzers or BBS mesh in the near future.

only faults in the car - drivers door doesn't lock and all other doors do. have tried spraying crc down the keyhole and all that jazz but no luck in fixing. i see this is somewhat common with this model, anyone on here know what the problem is?
also the internal aerial is chooched, can't pick up fm frequencies. need to figure out how to access it and replace.

look forward to posting on the forums and learning more about the car. will update as my work progresses!

Welcome, looks tidy, love the E34 shape. few E34s on so you should get plenty of help

Welcome to the forum.

Nice ride you have there.

Always cool to see more people in e34's.

Check out the birdnest of wires underneath the back seat. That may help sort out your reception, you have to follow everything from beginning to end. Modern stereo units have a bit more grunt too.

Pull off your inner door card. sounds like something has detached.

Welcome.

• Like 1