Sign in to follow this  
Contrails

E30 Mtech 2 white and black

G'day everyone,

My hunt for an E30 325i motorsport with sunroof continues. I have come across these two cars. Both seemed to be in Ok condition. Thinking of doing a PPI (Team Mcmillan BMW or BM workshop North, botany is too far) before pulling the trigger. Thought I would first ask around here before spending money on PPI.

White: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=923320644

Black: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=927338102

Carjam checks out clean on both of them. Anyone know their history or checked them out earlier?

Also, if I was to put a deposit on a car before doing a PPI and the PPI checks out to be a bad car, do I get my deposit back?

Black one already has minor rust on the roof and bonnet. How much is it usually to fix this? Also, if rust is present on the car, is it an indication that the car is a bit neglected?

Btw, a big thanks to trip3 - forum member. He's been very helpful and has offered to check out the black car for me. I really appreciate this.

Edited by Contrails

From what I`ve seen on the bmw groups on facebook I`d stay away from the black one.

It's owned by a teenager in auckland and according to people who have seen it around it isn't treated very well and often driven to the limiter etc.

Despite that, M20s are tough so probably nothing wrong with it.

• Like 1

Unless it's spent it's entire life in the garage, most e30's will have rust somewhere, be it sunroof, front windshield, battery tray, rear bootlid etc.

I've also seen about that black one being thrashed. Sounds like it got sold though.

bit torn and shredded but have some expensive seat covers and they actually look really good, surprisingly as seat covers dont always look the best, these ones actually look good.

No, no they dont.

• Like 4

Cheers for the replies. I will have to keep the hunt going then. E30 Tech 1/tech 2 black, sunroof and open roads... BIG GRIN!

Thrashed? Hmmm, but if it's serviced and repairs carried out, still not worth it?

Let's see what the PPI report trip3 have to say.

Kws - those seat covers are really bad.

Edited by Contrails