Sign in to follow this  
Joshnz124

E46 M3 - Buy Right Cars

I looked over it as well, like others have mentioned it is a bit rough. Haven't had it on a hoist so haven't checked bushes and other consumables. Would expect at those k's bushes and shocks are a deff replace if haven't been done already.

Could be up for clutch as well and have rear subframe checked obviously. Good you will have some protection buying from a dealer should things go pear shaped. CGA ftw

Thanks very much team, hugely appreciated! have decided against it, just think a bit too much work to get it up to scratch with some others that have been about for same $$$ even with the M3 drought in Trademe right now =(

Picked this car up a few weeks ago. Got it for a good price. The interior is in awesome condition, had a lot of the trim panels replaced by the dealer so no scratches. The exterior has a number of marks, but not as bad as it's made out above (plan on re-spraying it in the next couple of years anyway). The car has a partial service history with Jerry Clayton, has had the rear subframe strengthened under warranty and has had the rear trailing arms replaced recently as well.

I'm sending it in for an Inspection II next week (joys of partial service history), but all looking good so far.

Thanks everyone for your input to this thread, helped me make the call to get it - cheers!

Matt

Can I suggest sending it to Glenn - he really knows his stuff and is probably cheaper than the dealership.