Sign in to follow this  
NHCTIB

SOUND DEADNING

Whats the best product for sound deadning?

I want something that is going cut out as much sound as possible, any suggestions would be great thanks

My boot and rear quaters have been Dynamat'd

Expensive but the best, apparently

said who? the salesman?...

there are alot of dampening materials / products.

try a few talk to a few peeps. im rocking stinger road kill (specifically for sound system).. depends on what your wanting to do, remember all your really wanting to do is change the freq that the panel vibrates at.. (make the panel heavier / kenetic energy = heat)

edit: you got it from a good source, congrats.

Edited by *sic

I have to give my ex #2 one credit - she spent hours trying different stuff before commiting to something. Always pays to do some research when it comes to expensive purchases.

Acoustop is what is used for deadening in marine applications and in industry. We are looking at using it to deaden the sound coming from our presses here at work. I have talked to a lot of people who have roccomended it. Not sure if it would suit your application but the more info you have the better descion you can make. Expensive, but if it does the job!

Acoustop.pdf

Deadening sound where?

In a car?

From the engine?

From the tyres?

From the stereo?

From the exhaust?

In a bedroom?

In a garage?

:P

Um yeah.. I want to deaden the noise coming from the engine and exhaust, it gets that bloody loud inside the car at 100kms that I cant even have a conversation without shouting.. Damn havin a 4spd..