Sign in to follow this  
tawa

E36 328

I've just acquired a '95 E36 328 auto, jap import, 90k.

It's got the jatco jerk, but otherwise the slushbox does as slushboxes do. I'm not really a fan of them in general so may look to sell and get an M3 when funds allow...

Body, interior, etc are all pretty immaculate for a car of this age, again, not the color or interio options I would have preffered though.

Few little bits to fix, like dead pixels on the OBC, dead light on same (anyone imported a stockpile of bulbs for cheap?). Will sift around the site finding solutions to many of these I'm sure.

Put 1000k on it last weekend, rides very nice.

Anyway, here are the pics...

post-52830-0-20581000-1441179981_thumb.j

post-52830-0-73583500-1441180015_thumb.j

post-52830-0-62851000-1441180058_thumb.j

post-52830-0-86199300-1441180625_thumb.j

post-52830-0-36775500-1441180654_thumb.j

post-52830-0-40234500-1441180717_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice looking 328 and welcome, plenty of e36s on for advice for you

Nice car, I too just picked up a 328i on Friday of last week & put 700km on it in 3 days. They're great driving cars :D

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back? I've some OBC bulbs, Pm me

Edited by Toast

Sorry for the late reply, follow topic seems a little different on this forum that others I'm used to.

Was 4,800, was local and needed a quick buy.

Thanks for the offer Toast, apparently they are more common than I thought and can just get em local.

I'm currently tossing up whether to do this up to sell off as a restored stocker (value?), or do it up, mod it a bit to my tastes; with the eventual plan of rebody (M3 styles) repaint (Techno Violet looks amazing) retrans (manual + LSD) and repower, bore and supercharge.

Edited by tawatech

Plan of rebody (M3 styles) repaint (Techno Violet looks amazing) retrans (manual + LSD) and repower, bore and supercharge.

The money spent on this could get you a decent condition M3. Repaint + LSD + supercharger alone will be in the 10k region.

Manual conversion will be anywhere up to 2k depending on parts used. Mine's currently running in at about 1600 for all parts (ZF gearbox) - will be about 2k all up when done.

Edited by Rubix

The money spent on this could get you a decent condition M3. Repaint + LSD + supercharger alone will be in the 10k region.

Manual conversion will be anywhere up to 2k depending on parts used. Mine's currently running in at about 1600 for all parts (ZF gearbox) - will be about 2k all up when done.

True, but only one of those three things actually comes with a decent condition M3...

I see where you're coming from, but it'd also be nice to do a farkle here or there while saving up for powerplant upgrades.