Sign in to follow this  
allan

leather or not

For some time have been looking for a cloth M sport rear seat for the compact to complete the change over but without any luck. On Friday came across a full set of leather M sport seats in a 04 compact and this set me to think. So what are peoples thoughts pros and con's on having leather seats or cloth?.

leather is very family friendly in that any spill can just be wiped of.cons are it can be slippery.If looked after will outlast cloth seats.Be careful tho of sharp or abrasive items.In summer can be hot initially but not in the same way as vinyl(do any cars have vinyl seats),and can be chilly in winter.

I have an e46 with leather and an e46 with cloth.

I prefer the leather - I find it more comfortable.

I also highly recommend heated seats.

i didn't know you were looking Alan, there was a M sport set at Pickapart about a month ago, i took the front seats for my compact, but left the rear seat there. would say its very unlikely the car is still there

i didn't know you were looking Alan, there was a M sport set at Pickapart about a month ago, i took the front seats for my compact amoung a bunch of other M goodies, but left the rear seat there. would say its very unlikely the car is still there

One way to get your post score up Andy