Sign in to follow this  
agent75

New Wheels - Show and Tell

I just scored these new wheels and I think they look pretty damn good. They are Japanese and I have no idea what brand. have attached photo before with 14" basketweaves and after with the 16" somethingorothers. Does anyone know what they are? Opinions welcomed - positive or negative. BTW I will prob be selling the basket weaves so expressions of interest welcomed. Problem is they make my car look faster than it is!

post-52211-0-82805600-1446969616_thumb.j

post-52211-0-70194000-1446969626_thumb.j

• Like 2

Not bad looking wheels, but prefer the more "period correct" weaves, personally.

Look like a good fit though, i wonder what they're off.

the guy I bought them off had them on an e30 when he bought it. Perfect centre bore and offset with BMW bottle cap (I reckon) centre caps. I dig what you mean by the period correct thing, I wasn't so sure myself but they've grown on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with Kelvin - nice enough wheel but reacon the weaves better suit

• Like 1

Leave it to the japanese to change the wheels just because they can. So frustrating sometimes when the original wheels would've been so much better. In saying that they do look alright based mainly on the increase in diameter, but I'm with the others on the weaves all day. Just 5 stud and RC090 wheeeeee

5 Spoke wheels don't suit an e30 IMO. Basketweaves would be nicer and as others have said, more period correct.

Appreciate the comments. You've just about convinced me of my folly! So, by the period correct rational should I put the 14" bottle caps my car came with back on? Some 15" weaves might convince me to go period and I do like the 14" weaves I have. I just googled rc090 wheels and they are definitely not me- are they considered period correct? I'd be interested to know but I think the wheels were intended for e30, maybe they were fitted to a jap import e30 seeing as they are Japanese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the 15" weaves would look better than the 14's too