Sign in to follow this  
TristanMPJ

How much for a semi decent E30 325i

I've been looking around quite alot and I can't quite figure out what a good baseline figure would be for a 325i. I'm not talking about rust free and perfect interior but what should I be willing to pay for a less than perfect 325i? Sorry about the lack of knowledge I've only recently fallen in love with BMWs

(Pic for attention)

post-53026-14479894422587.jpg

Edited by TristanMPJ

too many variables that determines the price on e30s. your question is meaningless but if i had to answer.

anywhere between $0-$20,000

• Like 1

:P semi decent. I like that.

Semi might mean lots of rust or a little bit of rust.

I think the general consensus would be to find a rust free car (they exists) and tidy it up from there.

The worst ones I've seen are the ones that look 'good' but upon closer inspection are pretty rusty and have had dodgy work done covered with paint etc.

• Like 1

:P semi decent. I like that. 

Semi might mean lots of rust or a little bit of rust.

I think the general consensus would be to find a rust free car (they exists) and tidy it up from there.

The worst ones I've seen are the ones that look 'good' but upon closer inspection are pretty rusty and have had dodgy work done covered with paint etc.  

I would love to have a rust free one but unfortunately money is a factor so I was thinking of one with enough rust to reduce the price but no structural rust I have seen a few here and there for around 5k but am unsure if there are better options

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

Yeah its a game that takes patience but good deals do pop up, have to act quickly though.

Keep in mind 320i models as an option or even 318i, you can always change the engine at a later date.

These cars are like lego really.

• Like 1

I would love to have a rust free one but unfortunately money is a factor so I was thinking of one with enough rust to reduce the price but no structural rust I have seen a few here and there for around 5k but am unsure if there are better options

Mine sounds exactly like the type you're referring to, it's not for sale but I'd be looking at getting 4-5k. Maybe that's too much considering it's condition (some rust - still fixable) and kms (330,000, head gasket and associated gaskets replaced) but being a manual 325i I think it's suitable. Maybe I'm dreaming, who knows. I don't ever plan on selling it though so I won't trouble myself with the thought :D

My point is that you're pretty much on the money saying 5k :)

• Like 1

Mine sounds exactly like the type you're referring to, it's not for sale but I'd be looking at getting 4-5k. Maybe that's too much considering it's condition (some rust - still fixable) and kms (330,000, head gasket and associated gaskets replaced) but being a manual 325i I think it's suitable. Maybe I'm dreaming, who knows. I don't ever plan on selling it though so I won't trouble myself with the thought  :D 

My point is that you're pretty much on the money saying 5k :)

Thank you so much!

Now it's just a matter of looking for the right one haha

Sold my manual 325 which was originally a 318 auto. Was a sedan and 99% rust free. Sold for 5k couple of months ago

• Like 1

In my opinion, it is kind of a case of 'If you can't afford a rust free one, then you definitely can't afford a rusty one.'.

It is getting to the point with e30s now where the primary goal is to get a body that doesn't have any real rust, then you can do whatever you want with it mechanically.

• Like 3

honestly i cant believe i am saying this but one with rust is probably the cheapest way to get into the E30 game. you have really caught the wave at the wrong time, base line for pretty well any road legal E30 316i or what is $3500+ these days

• Like 1

Sold my manual 325 which was originally a 318 auto. Was a sedan and 99% rust free. Sold for 5k couple of months ago

Damn whoever bought that got a real bargin

• Like 1

Tristan PJ Lol

I got asked if someone was impersonating me ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by V8M3
  • Like 1

Tristan PJ LolI got asked if someone was impersonating me ;)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha wow I've never met anyone with a similar name. Hope they don't still think I'm impersonating you

Hahahahaha wow I've never met anyone with a similar name. Hope they don't still think I'm impersonating you

Are you in ECC?

• Like 1

Are you in ECC?

I don't think so, because I don't know what ECC is haha
  • Like 1

I don't think so, because I don't know what ECC is haha

Lol euro car club - there are a couple of Tristan's in there. Annyywaay back to Saturday :P

• Like 1

Damn whoever bought that got a real bargin

Looking back now I regret selling it. Had some good suspension and was fairly tidy.

Should've kept it lol

Wait a few more years then it would be worth more.

• Like 1

Looking back now I regret selling it. Had some good suspension and was fairly tidy.

Should've kept it lol

Wait a few more years then it would be worth more.

E30s are becoming an excellent investment car it seems. They just keep going up and up in value, so I'm hoping to get in the game soon

• Like 2