Sign in to follow this  
Grant

It'll buff right out

dam dude that sux, as everyone said atleast you ok. Could have been way worse.

So you looking for a new e30 or something else?

Cheers all for your well wishes.

I have bought another car, needed one by Monday really, so bought a 1996 323i (black, auto, 4 door) at Turners Auctions today.

Paid $9600 for it, it has done 94,000 km's. The body needs a bit of TLC (but it should scrub up ok), but the inside is in good nick, and the engine seems in good nick as well (will get it serviced next week and get anything sorted that needs sorting).

I had a good drive of it this arvo after picking it up, and it seems ok, good cruiser, and very comfortable. Certainly wouldn't win any races though.

It is stock standard, and it will be left that way as it only has to serve its purpose until I go overseas.

Once I get my camera charged I'll take a couple of snaps of it and place it up.

Also I have some nice new shots of my damaged car (got the photos developed today). I'll post a couple up later.

Cheers

Grant

it kinda looks like all the headlights survived? did they?

I'm not sure...I think they look that way because of the protective film on them held them all together. I know at least the high beams are badly cracked.

The ellipsoids may be ok though.

Cheers

Grant

i have some ellipsoids if any one wants some .

021433600 .

hope you are ok grant .

if you need any e36 parts just call me .

have plenty .

Man, I feel for you! Im very sorry to see that it had to come to this... I really loved your car for how mint it was - I dont think I ever saw it dirty or abused, such a shame to see it laid low.

Oh well, better things to come in the future eh?

EDIT: What hit you? Their car a right off too?

Edited by Napier_E36

That sucks Grant. THe main is that you are ok. Man those E30s are tuff.. on a sidenote, I'm gonna be staying in your hood around Jan the 20th. You around that weekend?

EDIT: What hit you? Their car a right off too?

The car I hit was an early 90's (maybe late 80's) jap import Toyota sedan thing (not sure what it actually was). It was a piece of dung before it crossed my path, and even bigger piece of one afterwards.

I got him on his passenger front corner (as he was turning across in front of me), and stoved it in pretty well. I'm not sure, but I would be pretty certain his is written off too.

Apparently his car was still in the same place 2 days later. As he had no insurance, and blatantly lied to the cops, neither my insurance company (who sent the truck to pick my car up), or the cops were too interested in helping him sort out what to do with his car.

I have been working on the E36 all morning, and have the inside completely tidied up (all but one annoying bit of trim I need to sort, and a couple of replacement parts to find in time). Now just got to start on the outside and get that looking decent (which I'm sure it will...the paint is pretty oxodised, but should tidy up nicely enough).

The E36 has the would's nastiest tyres on it, they are "Hero" branded (and are all brand new). I guess I will replace these soon enough too.

Also I have booked it in for a full service and going over as well on Monday, so should be good to go after that.

Cheers

Grant

That sucks Grant. THe main is that you are ok. Man those E30s are tuff.. on a sidenote, I'm gonna be staying in your hood around Jan the 20th. You around that weekend?

Yeah man, will be here.

Our unit is number 12, feel free to call in for a beer.

Cheers

Grant

damn g unit, least you ok, cars can be replaced.. lives and limbs can't.

Dam, good sh*t you are OK.

Did you brake? or was it straight in at 80km?

Did you brake? or was it straight in at 80km?

I braked for about a second I would guess, enough so get into a straight skid. The corner is pretty blind from both directions, so had f**k all time to react in any way.

I'm not sure how much speed was scrubbed off, not much I think.

What do you think she'd be like at a 100k head on?

Fantastic!

Problem is the energy transfer. Brain not likey hitting inside of skull. :banghead:

Finally got insurance fully sorted today. they are paying out full amount I had it insured for without any arguements (which seems a fair deal to me, and to be honest is probably more than I would have got for the E30 if I had tried to sell it privately - not because what it is worth mind you but because they seem to be pretty cheap now, although to be fair, most for sale come with a fair few issues, and mine was 100% issue free).

Gus has bought the wreck off me (well the insurance company really), and we will get it next weekend. So for parts, might pay to talk to him.

However, I have first dibs on it, and will take various useful bits out of it (as in the stereo, and tool kit, as well as a few minor bits and pieces).

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

scam? how so?

and im keeping the momo...bugger off sam

MIGHT be selling some bilsteins, but not yet

It seems from past prices i have heard, you get the whole car for the price of a few of the parts in it, ie sports seats, mtech kits, basketweaves etc.

A good scam