Sign in to follow this  
qube

Wtb or borrow headlight bulbs e90

Hi i need some headlight bulbs to fit my e91 to see if its the aftermarket bulbs that are causing the error message or if its something else like the numberplate light etc.

Thanks

Did you replace them with LED or something that has different voltage? I swapped fog lights on E70 to LED and it is throwing errors too for that reason.

bought the car with white led's as headlights and numberplate light bulb also was changed to white. thought they were just bad bulbs so bought some aftermarket "error free" ones for a fair bit of money and replaced them but still have the error message. its getting quite annoying so i want to double check with standard bulbs to ensure it is the aftermarket stuff thats causing it and then I can look into options for getting white lights someone without getting the errors.

The after market bulbs will throw errors unless the cold check is coded out. Bling costs $$$ getting rid of bling costs $$. The front bulbs genuine cost $65.00 + Gst each. The wiring will also have been played with and the original plugs will be missing as well

Edited by *Glenn*

thats not good.. sigh

stupid dealers for putting in bling bling lights to entice a sale even though it has error codes. not cool.

doesnt sound like coding out the cold check is a smart idea since its there for a reason to tell you when something is wrong! lol

I have ordered cables for E70 to code the sh*t out, pretty sure the error came up because it picked up the aftermarket bulbs are drawing less voltage/current. Will post an update and let you know how it goes.

FYI it is the same hardware cable if you want to go down that path.

Cheers

Hey Qube you can borrow one of mine to test.