Sign in to follow this  
rolls_on_19

My 318 on chromes

Well this is my 318is with 19 inch chromes. Pretty rough but i'm just doing it up. The last owner treated it like crap. He thought the best way to fix an oil leak was to put about 6 litres of oil in cos it took longer to drain out

post-9-1136802937.jpg

Edited by rolls_on_19

Plus it's manual. Next plans are for a low pressure turbo. It's in the build.

It's got awesome A/C Schnitzer springs in it and it's as low as it can go in the front. Spacers needed for more drop. Back can go down more.

I removed nearly 200 kg out of the interior just by removing sound deadening and carpet with no real noticable increase in noise.

If you're after some interior carpet give me a holler, i might have wot you're after.

post-9-1136803297.jpg

Edited by rolls_on_19

:D Yeah dude, actually while Im no chrome fan, I really do like the chromes on your Beemer - must be the colour of the paint that makes them suit the car or something. Anyway, as long as YOU like them, it really doesnt matter what others think. Boy that must be some heavy carpet to way in at 200kg - either you meant 20kg or it was full of water :lol: But yeah, that sound deadening material is real heavy and I was considering doing the same thing to reduce weight.

One more thing - the blue and red lights on the rear parcel shelp - whats with that???

Edited by ducatiss

As above said, we love our cars in our own way :)

I'm a bit a BMW purist, as in keep it in the bonnet and suspension..

MY personal opinion , is LOOSE the $5 repco flashie lights on the rear parcel tray.

The chromies, if you like it, power to you man.

Drive your BMW with pride and show to all that not all beemer drivers are, ummmmm... jappa rice speed homies!!

:mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

Looks good (besides those lights!). Glad to hear you have a real iS (manual).

Have fun in it.

that oil thing is funy sh*t!

are you selling your wheels???

car has alota potential man. I got prety much the same thing but non IS and 4d

bt yeh u can tel its a bit rough, bt hu cares ae. you can tell the bumpers were painted at home ... or by the arab "panel beater" down the road. and wats up with the front guard? looks like he couldnt fit the wheels in so he puled it out with a pair of vicegrips???

oh and I think those eyelids are suposed to go on the bottom of the light, either that or hese cut litle curves in them.

othawise I recon thats guna b mint.

I lyk the colour ae.

Its a shame you live so far, we couldhave raced. :P

bt yeh u can tel its a bit rough, bt hu cares ae. you can tell the bumpers were painted at home ... or by the arab "panel beater" down the road. and wats up with the front guard? looks like he couldnt fit the wheels in so he puled it out with a pair of vicegrips???

oh and I think those eyelids are suposed to go on the bottom of the light, either that or hese cut litle curves in them.

I lyk the colour ae.

Its a shame you live so far, we couldhave raced. :P

f**k you rule, i love you english skills.

stunna.

Okay now. Those lights were from the 2 dollar shop. We had them in there on new years drivin round the local beach. They were only there for 2 days.

The numberplate surround is to replace the missing trim in the front where a europlate should go. I know it looks crap but it's so much better than it was. Once i sort out new front kit i'll sort out something better and more permanent.

Trim was painted by me. I know it looks crap. I've just been trying different colours just to check them out. I photoshopped them a couple times but i preferred to see it on the car.

The guards were done by vicegrips lol. I was at my mates workshop when i lowered it. I baseball batted the guards perfectly. Got about an inch more width with no damage thanks to using a hot air gun. Then i tried some 15mm spacers to stop guard rub on the chassis on the inside. Worked a treat but was tiny amounts of guard rub in the fenders. Small flares are on the way so didn't give a toss about making it look crap just so i could drive it.

Thanks guys

I lyk the colour ae.

Its a shame you live so far, we couldhave raced.  :P

f**k you rule, i love you english skills.

stunna.

didnt realise this was a grammar contest.... meh i guess i loose

Didn't you hear? The mods have gone through thorough english training to try cut down the bad grammar and spelling in the forums

Damn straight.

nice ride buddy, chromes really go with the colour, can tell from experience.....

get a set of clear lights if ya can, will look pretty good with the paint........

otherwise sweet ride, 19s look smashing :mosh:

No Andrew, Mint is a Green colour.

haha hardly ever see cain cracking one..

hope i never see him *cracking one*.... eww

Nice.Cromes are OK.

Hit those panels with a hammer & dolly,should come out alright :thumb:

Mint ride, did you know now if you impersonate a cop car you get a $10,000 fine. Sucks man so advise you to ditch the back lights!! Otherwise mint as! ;)