Sign in to follow this  
Donut

Anyone kind enough to help?

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to let me borrow/rent a set of rims including tires for a few days, for a small fee say a box of beers?

My plan is to take off my factory wheels for powdercoat, and I am not sure about leaving the car sitting on jack stands for prolonged period. So wanted to put a set of wheels on while I wait for PC to be done.

The car will be left in the garage and not be driven while it sits on the borrowed set, so doesn't matter what size/offset/design as long as it is 5x120 with tires.

I will be attending the coffee meet this Sunday 7th Feb at Kyu's sushi cafe, just to show my face and say hi to everyone, that I am legit and not dodgy etc.

Cheers guys, thank you in advance.

Ken

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to let me borrow/rent a set of rims including tires for a few days, for a small fee say a box of beers?

My plan is to take off my factory wheels for powdercoat, and I am not sure about leaving the car sitting on jack stands for prolonged period. So wanted to put a set of wheels on while I wait for PC to be done.

The car will be left in the garage and not be driven while it sits on the borrowed set, so doesn't matter what size/offset/design as long as it is 5x120 with tires.

I will be attending the coffee meet this Sunday 7th Feb at Kyu's sushi cafe, just to show my face and say hi to everyone, that I am legit and not dodgy etc.

Cheers guys, thank you in advance.

Ken

I have my 'for sale' set in the garage. I'd completely forgotten about meeting at Kyu's this weekend, but I could be persuaded.

And it'd give me a much needed excuse to get 'em out and take some pictures.

• Like 1

I have some 17" breytons on brand new tyres you are welcome to if you can pick up and drop off from Avondale

Sweet look forward meeting you Graham, will give it a go with my persuading.

Cheers

be warned,4 wheels with tyres is a big load in a sedan!(535 as a reference)

Edited by kiwi535

be warned,4 wheels with tyres is a big load in a sedan!(535 as a reference)

Hehe no worries have got an E70 X5 at home.

Cheers

Sweet look forward meeting you Graham, will give it a go with my persuading.

Cheers

I think they'll be OK - they're only baby little 16x7s. Does your M have the 18 or 19" rims? Are the discs likely to be big enough to cause a problem?

ken you can come over to my place to pick up a set of wheels to borrow. have plenty

• Like 1

I think they'll be OK - they're only baby little 16x7s. Does your M have the 18 or 19" rims? Are the discs likely to be big enough to cause a problem?

Stock are 18", I was thinking as long as bolt pattern fit the rest shouldn't really matter because it won't be driven.

Should I be worried about brake caliper clearance?

ken you can come over to my place to pick up a set of wheels to borrow. have plenty

Hey Kyu thanks man that is awesome. Would this Friday be ok? Can come with the work car.

Cheers

Stock are 18", I was thinking as long as bolt pattern fit the rest shouldn't really matter because it won't be driven.

Should I be worried about brake caliper clearance?

If they don't fit over your calipers, you have a problem!

Offset could also be an issue, but as my rims are et47 - close enough to yours for this purpose - that may not arise.

You're welcome to give them a go.

If they don't fit over your calipers, you have a problem!

Offset could also be an issue, but as my rims are et47 - close enough to yours for this purpose - that may not arise.

You're welcome to give them a go.

Thanks again Graham, Kyu has got a set of 135 style that should fit, he's kindly offered to lend me for a few days.

All good now, what a helpful bunch I am wrapped!!

Cheers

Thanks again Graham, Kyu has got a set of 135 style that should fit, he's kindly offered to lend me for a few days.

All good now, what a helpful bunch I am wrapped!!

Cheers

They're a closer match for diameter and offset.

Now what excuse am I going to use to empty the garage to get to those wheels? ;-)

the excuse that if you dont get those wheels out of the garage to take photos im going to use your wax all over my car that ive been holding onto for you since last year!

the excuse that if you dont get those wheels out of the garage to take photos im going to use your wax all over my car that ive been holding onto for you since last year!

D'oh!

Oh... All right then.

;)