Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Transport help needed!

When you're short of money and have no space for more cars, or enough time to work on the ones you have, what do you do? Buy another car. D'oh.

I've agreed to buy a(nother) E30. This one is red and in Tauranga, a 1990 316i manual. It does need work but is NZ new, rego is live although WoF is out. The M40B16 needs some inlet side parts before it'll run again, and it needs a couple of front seats. Other than that, it's a poverty-spec car.

Perfect for Miss M.

I have 1.5 E30s here already, but there is increasing noise along the lines of "I want an auto." I'm sticking to my guns on this - she'll learn to drive in a manual, and then if she wants an auto, so be it.

The thinking behind this is that this car should be roadworthy and legal for less time, effort and money than anything I have planned. What happens to the other 1.5 is up for debate but at least one coupe rolling shell will be for sale, probably sooner rather than later.

Anyway, the red car is in Tauranga and I need to get it to Te Kauwhata. I have access to a legal trailer but nothing to tow it with.

Usual payment applies - beer, food, fuel, )even money if that's really necessary). If anyone can help, especially if they know anything about E30s, I'd be absolutely chuffed to bits to hear from them.

I've sent a couple of PMs as well, but ideally would like to sort this next weekend, but any time is good.

So it was you that beat me to this one damn it all, if you decide against it ill buy it

So it was you that beat me to this one damn it all, if you decide against it ill buy it

There's likely to be something less complete but similar available over here in the not too far distant future.

Be assured - it's gone to a very good cause. :)

Well that's ok then, I just wanted it cause its a facelift coupe that's still in the system everything else was going in the bin

Well that's ok then, I just wanted it cause its a facelift coupe that's still in the system everything else was going in the bin

Lol

I just wanted an in-the-system, relatively easy to get on the road, manual coupe! It really does fit the bill for what we're after.

I do have an in the system PFL rolling shell here... ;)

aw ya coupe? Pm some info

Will do.

I can sell you a 540 touring that will tow it beautifully! ;)

• Like 3

I'd need a demo... ;)

You are about 3 days too late I was down there on Thursday did the Tron - Tauranga and back and would have hooked it up to the X5 for you.

might be down again in a week but after that its a slush with no tow bar for me for 6-8 weeks.

Dang!

If you're back, please let me know. I hope to have something sorted, but you never know.

Thanks.

Also is manual, so give that to MissM ;)

• Like 1