Sign in to follow this  
Napier_E36

Nissan Laurel

At long last I have some updated pics of my mates Nissan Laurel drift project... They got it to start yesterday - sounds very nice...

Pic 1

post-18-1137283976.jpg

pic 2

post-18-1137284254.jpg

Pic 3

post-18-1137284403.jpg

Pic 4 - Ill type up the details of whats been done etc when I can be arsed... Bit of a big night last night...

post-18-1137284575.jpg

That's a SERIOUS looking drift project. People use the term 'drift project' so loosely these days.

That looks awesome though, on ya!!

That is the 2nd best thing to come out of Japan aside the Skyline

and the 350z. The old and new.

:o

That means 3rd best. Looks cool.

That is the 2nd best thing to come out of Japan aside the Skyline

and the 350z. The old and new.

:o

That means 3rd best. Looks cool.

For real??

s6 RX-7 and the MAZDA 26b quad rotor that won the 24hr.

Sorry about the delay in replying - Ive been rather busy at work and havent had time to get on my computer.

Initially it was a RB25DET with a sh*t load of engine work but they discovered that it was full of water when they pulled it apart up in Auckland, so it got binned in favour of a VL RB30 block with a RB25DET head. The whole engine was built from the block up with a lot of expensive toys - will get the list of evrything that was done to it and post it up.

The Cam gear cover is made of perspex, and while it does indicate it is an RB26, it is only because that was the only clear cover availible - and hey, when you have adjustable cam gears, you gotta show em off a!

While it was sitting in the shed, my mate decided to wind the adjustables right down as far as they would go. Looked very impressive sitting on its ass, but it was rubbing rather hard! The day it was started, we were towing it down the road in gear to get the engine turning over to free it up a bit and to get some oil up into the engine. Well, it was being towed behind Jasons VZ SS ute, and there was a f**k load of smoke. At first I thought it was the engine making it smoke, but as soon as I got a wiff, I knew what was going on - the front tyres were being ripped to shreds! (I was following behind in my 325 with my hazard lights - big rangi drifters dont have anything so mundane as controls for the hazard lights!!)The front tyres have some pretty big gouges in them - down to the steel belts in the middle! Well, brand new 19s cant be cheap!

It is on 19x9s in the front, and 19x11s on the back. I really hope Jas doesnt drift on them, I mean the 4 factory 17s on his SS are all looking rather sad - but if you ever meet him, you will understand - he has a 2005 SS Commodore Ute - Black and 6 speed - his "tow car" (which, incidently, has won the last 3 burnout comps in a row in Hastings - there is something pretty cool about a brand new SS smoking as hard as it does and bouncing off the rev limiter in 3rd on the burnout pad... It really gets the crowd going.)

Shall get some more pictures when I got home next - hopefully Ill be able to sneak the Laurel out for a wee skid - as long as it has been run in!

Oh yeah, Emma, if you saw this thing as it came from Japan, you wouldnt call it the third coolest thing to come from the land of the rising sun - it was a dirty old diesel when we started on it... A dirty old DEAD diesel in fact!! Theres been a lot of work gone into it - almost a year up in Auckland and at Mitchells Motor Sport in Hamilton... needless to say, some rather large $$ have gone into it to get it to where it is now :mosh: