Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

The nearly car

So I just missed out on a 2007 335i motorsport for 14k. I saw it on Turners and it had an estimate of 13-14k. The owner pulled it and sold it privately for 14k which is what I offered him but the other guy offered him the same money but got there first. After a bit of digging I found it had the turbos replaced under warranty last year (wastegate rattle) and a new water pump. It had solid service history in NZ and a JB4 tune, charge pipe and downpipe, pretty tidy car. Best of all dynoed at 370 HP. So now when I look at 20k plus Highline and SE 335i's with hideous wood trim and biscuit wheels I just keep moving on. Gutted to miss out on it.

Perhaps I need to have a look at this one. Same colour and similar kms etc but not tuned.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1056921126.htm

• Like 1

that certainly would have been a hoot, John.

The white one in CHCH? Ive been trying to contact the owner, but i see its now been withdrawn, now i know why. Looked like a fecking steal.

Yes it was; spoke to the garage that serviced it and while they were hesitant to divulge too much they did say that mechanically it was A1.