Sign in to follow this  
SmithyInWelly

WTB: 3 Series...

Budget is $5-7k, so probably looking at an e46.

It's going to be used primarily as a commuter to get the Finance Minister and I from the Hutt into the city each day - though something that's nice for the odd punt over the Rimutakas is good too, so for that reason I'd want six cylinders. and because 318's/320's are pretty boring (and I would have just kept the 525). Two, three, four, or five doors is fine.

Need something in good condition, particularly mechanically as I'm no home mechanic so anything that needs doing I'd be paying someone else to do. High kms don't concern me if a car has been well maintained and looked after - condition is king!

Should I consider an e36? is there anything else I should look for or consider? As long as it's reasonable fun and reliable I'm happy. Prefer manual but would consider auto if it had enough grunt to go well. It doesn't have to be a Beemer, though I'd like a car with "soul".

Happy to consider any tips or suggestions.

Thanks in advance :)

tons to choose from on TM: searching 325i 2000-2005, up to $7,500 nets heaps of results...

Nice looking 325i with under 100k kms in New Plymouth at $6k. and it's "the right colour".

Or there are cheapies around $3000 up. Plenty to choose from, and enough change in your pocket to put on some good rubber and have some judicious servicing done.

The world's your oyster!

• Like 1

Very true Olaf, am lining up to look at an NZ New 330 on Sat so we'll see how that goes... prob going to be in Auckland next week so later in the week might see what's up there to scope out and possibly drive home. Excite!