Sign in to follow this  
lloydy

first timer

So ive played around in the car scene for a while and mainly had old jap cars ive worked on as projects as such but my daily has usually been a euro. been through a couple of alfas a vw couple of rovers and more recently a merc which I need to sell as Ive just picked up a 630i.

First time owning a BM and im rather enjoying it. I pickled it up from Chch on tuesday and drive it to auckland, would have been more fun if I wasn't horribly hungover from the long weekend and in full on zombie mode by the time I got home.

So Im looking at adding some wheels and coilovers then maybe something like like a remap and tinker with the engine just a little. then the audio as I like my sound.

Looks like a good bunch of guys here and a vast array of info too so look forward to getting into it.

• Like 3

Welcome, that is a long haul but the right car for it I imagine!

Pics please. :)

Welcome from Welly - interested in your perspectives on the BMW vs the other brands you've spent time with - and be honest despite the audience :D

Cheers for the welcome.

Compared to others.. found the rovers comfy and plush for the price aka poor man's jag. Gutless though and like a tank.

The merc possibly takes my favourite spot cls350 interior softer more comfy and welcoming the 630 minimal and a bit more harsh on the seats etc merc drives smooth as smooth bmw little more harsh but feels more like it wants to be driven and likes to take off a bit better when the foot goes down.

Still just sorting tyres for the wheels I bought at the moment and thenot need to sort some spacers for it and then it'll start looking the business.

Cheers for the welcome.

Compared to others.. found the rovers comfy and plush for the price aka poor man's jag. Gutless though and like a tank.

The merc possibly takes my favourite spot cls350 interior softer more comfy and welcoming the 630 minimal and a bit more harsh on the seats etc merc drives smooth as smooth bmw little more harsh but feels more like it wants to be driven and likes to take off a bit better when the foot goes down.

Still just sorting tyres for the wheels I bought at the moment and thenot need to sort some spacers for it and then it'll start looking the business.

Welcome to the world of Bimmer.

Congrats on the purchase and my commiserations on the drive. Nothing worse than a long haul on a hangover..lol

Post up some pics when you can.