Sign in to follow this  
allan

Door lock trouble

Have noticed when unlocking the drivers door either remotely or with the key the passengers door and hatch will not unlock. But if you press the trunk open switch it will allow it to be opened also by pressing the door lock/unlock button by the hazard switch or use the internal door handle it will open the door. Is this a dud door activator or a gm5 module fault and is their a way to isolate which one it is. The little research I've done replacing the door lock/activator could get messy help much appreciated.

Edited by tim 325

If the actuator was faulty the lock would only be manually operable. Probably GM.

Thanks, just out of curiosity I tried another lock and it will now unlock if you do it a second time, which it wouldn't before. Got to remember the ti only has got one lock that's in the drivers door.

The central locking will work if you use the key, even if the driver's door actuator is broken. However, if any of the other locks don't respond to the key or remote, then the actuators are faulty. I understood from your original post that you could get all the locks to function correctly from the unlock button in the car. This would suggest that the actuators are working but something else is wrong.

If it is actuators, they're not as hard to replace as it looks - just a bit fiddly - I've just done driver's door and rear passenger on my e36 wagon.

it might have gone to the setting that many Singapore imports have, press the unlock button once to unlock the drivers door only, press it twice to unlock all the doors.