Sign in to follow this  
00Davo00

Bmw E90 2005 320i - SRS ClockSpring Assembly

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. In here cause I need some help in sourcing parts for 320i.

I've had my airbag warning light on for the past 6-8 months and now that I have to get my WOF done. i need the light erased.

I had someone come in and scan my car today and he's advised that my clock spring assembly needs to be replaced.

I was trying to source the parts myself but was unsure of exactly what parts are comprised in the 'Clockspring assembly'

Anyone able to help me with this? just so i know i am buying all the parts I need.

Any help on getting on this issue resolved will be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you and sorry if this is a stupid question :(

Cheers Dave

SC454E0586116063016500.pdf

Suspect is not a diagnostic report you can rely on to start buying parts. It must be diagnosed correctly and repaired by someone who actually knows what they are doing

• Like 1

I don't disagree with Glenn, you can't rely on the advice you've been given unless you've been given more advice than you're sharing with us.

Did the person that scanned the codes actually reset the airbag light (so it was off) and then it appeared again? Did you get a copy of the airbag codes the car was throwing?

Don't spend any money yet is my advice - I'm no e90 expert but on earlier models, and according to realoem, the clock spring is part of the steering wheel assembly and not available separately (unless from a wrecker). http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partgrp?id=VA72-EUR-07-2005-E90-BMW-320i&mg=32

• Like 1

Agree with both of the above get it sorted by some one that knows what they are doing will save you heaps in $$$$$ and heart ach but believe this might be the area you are talking about http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E90/Europe/320i-N46/feb2005/browse/vehicle_electrical_system/switch_unit_steering_column/

• Like 1

Thanks guys, Well the guys who did this scan for me was the one who said the clockpring was faulty. But after hearing what you guys have said i will just get the Bm workshop to investigate and diagnose the problem. Its funny cause this issue arose after i met an accident and the panel beater arranged for an auto electrician to run a scan, Their scan stated that the SRS ECU was faulty and this was months ago. They said the problem was pre existing and did not cover the repair with the insurance company. So i'm now likely to fork out 1.5k to get this resolved, hence me looking for cheaper ways to about it. But like Allan said, it may just end up being more expensive if i don't know what i'm doing

thanks for the help tho! much appreciated.

Well there's a contradiction for a start. ECU v clock spring.

At least you are taking notice of advice. Plenty on here don't!