Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

Black RHD M3 CSL for auction in Japan

Can't make out driver sets but passenger is definately not a CSL one, so that's a big -ve straight away.

Pussy wanted some comfort when driving!!

Drivers seat is the same, can tell by the stitching to the left of the guy's leg. Bugger.

Devastating change but I can understand the reasons, the CSL seats are brutally uncomfortable.

Can't make out driver sets but passenger is definately not a CSL one, so that's a big -ve straight away.

Pussy wanted some comfort when driving!!

\

also old nav screen cable hanging out near the top dash vent

Devastating change but I can understand the reasons, the CSL seats are brutally uncomfortable.

Really? As someone who's daily driven a CSL for a week I would have to disagree.

Really? As someone who's daily driven a CSL for a week I would have to disagree.

Yep, for me they are and I've got a slight build. I've spent a fair bit of time in one now too so it's not just my immediate reaction. Go kart seats are more comfortable.

Seat cushions aren't thick enough and upper lateral support is both too firm and not wide enough.

I weight 75kg. There's no way some people much bigger than me would even fit into the seats.

They're lovely seats don't get me wrong but after a continuous 250k drive I'm ready to trash them for sure! :)

Great track seats, rubbish for our roads IMO.

Great track seats, rubbish for our roads IMO.

I'd say the complete opposite lol ... they are completely rubbish track seats. I used to take mine out and put in a real proper Recaro SPG when I head to the track as you always tend to fly out of the stock seats around corners.

The problem with the stock seats in my opinion are actually the cushions .. they are far too thick and makes you basically sit 'outside' of the seats. I've removed mine and put in some standard recaro bucket cushions so you end up sitting actually 'inside' the bucket seats (saves on wear and tear also as these cushions are over $2000 believe it or not!!) .. much much better and lot more comfortable and also seems to give much better lateral support also.

Either way ... be interesting to see what this sells or sold for!

Edited by M3_Power

I'd say the complete opposite lol ... they are completely rubbish track seats. I used to take mine out and put in a real proper Recaro SPG when I head to the track as you always tend to fly out of the stock seats around corners.

The problem with the stock seats in my opinion are actually the cushions .. they are far too thick and makes you basically sit 'outside' of the seats. I've removed mine and put in some standard recaro bucket cushions so you end up sitting actually 'inside' the bucket seats (saves on wear and tear also as these cushions are over $2000 believe it or not!!) .. much much better and lot more comfortable and also seems to give much better lateral support also.

Either way ... be interesting to see what this sells or sold for!

Hey Tom, it didn't sell.