Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

CCNA (cisco course)

Hey

Enrolled for part time tech this year :D

Cant wait for the challenge instead of just doing my apprentiship

im doing CCNA (just a year part time) to go with my telecom's apprentiship, and to get some other work maybe overseas, hopefully doing CCNA will help me.

Anyone done it ? and know what the exam at the end is like etc, practice exams etc i want to really nail it as im forking out money and dont want to waste my time lol

Thanks

Hey

Enrolled for part time tech this year :D

Cant wait for the challenge instead of just doing my apprentiship

im doing CCNA (just a year part time) to go with my telecom's apprentiship, and to get some other work maybe overseas, hopefully doing CCNA will help me.

Anyone done it ? and know what the exam at the end is like etc, practice exams etc i want to really nail it as im forking out money and dont want to waste my time lol

Thanks

RXSUMO is the man you wanna talk to. He has a few Cisco certs, including CCNA. He works with Cisco equip everyday.

planning on sitting for the exam sometime this year as well..

no point forking out big money to sit in a classroom to do the paper..just buy the book and practice the practice exams...:)

Good on you for doing the start of the Cisco exams , it's become the minimum standard for entry level jobs into networking. You'll need the exam behind you to get your foot in the door overseas.

The final exam is a series of multi choice questions. My understanding is that it's self adapting so will pick on an area if you start making mistakes.

Make sure your solid on your Netmasking before doing the exam and know the differences between 24 /30 /32 bit netmasks etc.

Use to be a site www.learntosubnet.com , it had an .exe for learning subneting , the site appears to be down , but someone or site is bound to have a copy.

I don't have a copy with me here , but you can PM in late April , I'll be back in NZ and will have access to it again if you can't find it.

Make sure you learn the full command syntax for IOS commands as the questions will give you a few similar looking options , with only one correct. Get in the habbit of using the full syntax util you become solid with it , EG show interface fastethernet 0/0 rather than sh int fa 0/0

Learn your OSI model , make sure you understand what layer does what , You will get a few questions on this.

Also have a look around the internet , a few sites have a questions in a similar format before spending your money on the final exam. Plenty of sites similar to this one. http://www.jidaw.com/certarticles/ccna.html

It's also worth visiting www.Gjobs.co.uk , It has a series of cisco tests (and others) that you can do and link to a CV , It's worth doing a profile just for testing sections.

It will give you an idea of which areas you'll need to work on.

Hope this helps

Neal

Edited by Neal