Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

The Upgrade process has begun

I am sure its an addiction but even before I picked up my 335i I already had parts coming for it. So for I have:

• RB Turbo PCV Valve. Supposedly this will hold pressure better than the stock plastic one.
  • Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch can. As I plan on extracting a bit more HP I want to manage the amount of oil getting back into induction system. 
  • Koni Sport shocks. Will leave the M sport springs in for the mean time.
  • TRW M3 Tension struts and Control Arms. Heavy duty bushings and a wee bit more camber. 

Next step will be a charge pipe, bigger intercooler, and some form of replacement air filter. But before all this is fitted I will get a media blast of the intake ports.

THe E90 is a different experience form the E46, you ride a bit higher and while the steering is a bit faster and a little more direct the E46 chassis seems a little more communicative. But to be fair my E46 has some pretty decent suspension. 

Edited by Herbmiester
  • Like 2

What about engine tune? MHD is probably the best choice now.

Do get that charge pipe in before you flash anything! Not fun when it explodes at an inconvenient time/place. Got the BMS/CPE one myself. 

For the intake, the BMS Dual cone filter seems to be the best choice for tuned N54s. They actually have dyno results to prove it: http://burgertuning.com/dcintake.html

Edited by Matth5

awesome, John.  Where's the pics, mate?

You managed to sell the Ci yet?  If you still have it next week, we should do a mini-meet - love to drive it before it goes, and give you a taste of the wagon as it now runs.  

The BMS dual cone seems to be the best bang for buck intake. I forgot to mention I picked up a set of near new Forge Motorsport Diverter valves as well. A tune is definitely on the cards but I just want to get all the bits and pieces in place first. MHD is my first choice for tuning, they seem to be the most advanced at this stage.